Center console screen rebooted? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I'm driving today on the speaker phone w the nav system running in the 2016 LC. The call gets dropped, the screen freezes. Can't get it to do anything didn't respond to touching the screen, tried using commands from the steering wheel buttons. No result except the little center screen said "processing". Then about 15 mins later the big screen goes blank then says something about a disc and a graphic came on the screen that said something like "reloading, don't turn off power".

Anybody else experience this. Is this just something that happens and I have to live with or take it to the dealer or is some other action required?

So what eventually happened. Did it complete the "reloading" and start working again, or is it still stuck? I've not read of any other reports on MUD like this, other than the one post last summer.

There's a TSB for excessive rebooting if you ever see that, but mine has done it only once in 30k miles

My 2017 has done it (random reboot) 2-3 times in it's first 8000 miles if thats a reference for you. I haven't taken any action on it.
Same here with my 2017.

I have a 2016. I reported a similar problem to my dealer, and they replaced the head unit. It fixed an issue with the nav mileage being displayed incorrectly in the dash (off by a factor of 10) and allegedly helped with the reboot/freezing issues. I think it has frozen once in 6 months since then.

Also, if your nav freezes, push and hold the radio power button (volume knob) and it will reboot after about 10 seconds.

It may be a phone issue. I was talking on the speaker phone when the screen froze and it kicked me off the call. There after I had to use the handset un til the reboot was completed.

This occasionally happens in my 2015 too. Usually when I hang up one call and make another call quickly. Doesn't drop the call, just have to use the handset until the reboot finishes. Has probably happened 5 times in the last year.

My 2016 had a freeze problem within a few months of delivery. Just rebooting didn't help. Talking to the dealership and engineers eventually came up with the solution: disconnect the battery (neg) and leave it off for at least 15 minutes. Something must reset completely.
Came back on good as new after, and I haven't had any problems since.

Ok, I will throw my hat in the ring on this. But a bit different.
2014 model.

Was driving in heavy stop and go traffic. Stop and maybe 3mph was the way things were going. Wasn't on the phone other than some apps open and talk to text.

Center console screen clearly rebooted. Reboot time was only a couple seconds, BUT could also tell that the engine shutoff for a split second as well. There was just the slightest of hesitations in the engine when the screen would drop out and I could feel the steering tighten up as well, if that makes sense.

Happened about three times.

I think at speed above 25mph, you might not even notice that the engine hesitated. But in stop and go traffic when pulling very low RPMs, could definitely tell.

I have had reboots happen probably a couple dozen times in the first 18 months/35K miles. Nearly always associated with doing something on the phone and most often something with Siri Hands Free. I have also noted that when I use Google Maps on my BT connected phone or whatever, in order to send the navigation directions voice over through the audio system on the LC, it acts like it is making a phone call. Weird. Call setup/initiation, "In x miles make a right turn onto ..." or whatever the call termination. But this may not be related to the reboots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom