The Coleman Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found this one today on OfferUp.
(Aside from possibly a Mil-spec model, my collection may be complete...he foolishly put in writing).

B23C605C-7225-404B-B88A-DA2741ADF007.jpeg

I steadfastly refuse to surrender my NM citizenship. I remain forever "Enchanted":)

Me too. My 505 number will stay with me in perpetuity. My life might well be back east now, but my heart and mind is in New Mexico.

Interestingly enough, @CatskillsRunner and I were in Northern New Mexico in January scoping out places to retire. We both are in love with New Mexico and intend to make it our home once the retirement years come about. We are thinking Taos and environs suits us pretty well.

fullsizeoutput_49a9.jpeg

Me too. My 505 number will stay with me in perpetuity. My life might well be back east now, but my heart and mind is in New Mexico.

Interestingly enough, @CatskillsRunner and I were in Northern New Mexico in January scoping out places to retire. We both are in love with New Mexico and intend to make it our home once the retirement years come about. We are thinking Taos and environs suits us pretty well.

View attachment 1632697

I can't wait to start spending summers out there.

This is the Coleman thread? Isn't this kinda off topic, you ornery-ass moderator?

Nevermind. I've got a Pendleton blankey right here and some hot cocoa and a fire going. Right next to the Coleman stove. By the end of the night there will be a picture of me standing on top of my truck with my blanket around my shoulders and the Milky Way in the background.

Nevermind. I've got a Pendleton blankey right here and some hot cocoa and a fire going. Right next to the Coleman stove. By the end of the night there will be a picture of me standing on top of my truck with my blanket around my shoulders and the Milky Way in the background.

If your Hunnerd is in the photo, or better yet a crusty looking 70, you post your pic here @land_cruiser_girls • Instagram photos and videos

I just saw this Coleman Quicklite listing for sale in Ohio.

From the add;

"$130

Old style Coleman Lantern with reproduction mica globe. The reproduction mica globe cost me $40 and the seals, generator and pressure valves have been removed, cleaned , rebuilt or replaced so the lantern functions properly."

22228448_1567549446645306_5154152151986722117_n.jpg

Found this one today on OfferUp.
(Aside from possibly a Mil-spec model, my collection may be complete...he foolishly put in writing).

View attachment 1632692

Is that a model 237? I can't tell from the picture. I have a 237 that I found in my dad's outbuilding a few years back. They clean up so nice. I thought my 200A was bright until I fired that thing up. Nice find...

Is that a model 237? I can't tell from the picture. I have a 237 that I found in my dad's outbuilding a few years back. They clean up so nice. I thought my 200A was bright until I fired that thing up. Nice find...
It’s a 242C. It’s an old globe, but I’m not sure if that globe came in it originally.
I was bummed to find a spot where the nickel is peeling. I hope to fire it this week sometime!

I think a "C" would have a block letter Coleman or possibly a rising sun globe.

That Quicklite is nice and the new repro globe is cool but that's a lot of money.

Prices are way up I need to start selling more.

Nice fettle! I believe a no letter 242 may have had a mica globe. Otherwise the Pyrex bulge globe.

I want a 243 in blue. Budget version of this with mica or straight Pyrex globe.

Most say the best Coleman lantern ever. Enjoy.

Also found a 222. I had never seen one of these. The mantle almost looks “cute”. Man, this one growls! Noisy.
The 242C is sooo quiet!
I can see why everyone likes them now.

7A4430C8-F0EE-46E3-ACB0-65B1E1ABB518.jpeg

That came out great. 242s are the best of the lanterns in my opinion. The only thing I'm not fond of is the small fuel fill. Otherwise, these are great. Quiet, easy to light, fuel efficient, and bright for size.

those 222 were high on my list back when I was 14. I wanted the black peak 1 to match my stove...

I want a 243 in blue. Budget version of this with mica or straight Pyrex globe.

Most say the best Coleman lantern ever. Enjoy.

I have a 243a in blue with a repop mica globe. I have been collecting lanterns for several years....never heard of a 243 being anything special.
What's so special about them?

Sorry. I didn't word that very well.

I want a 243 just because I don't have one. Not anything special about them except very rare around me.

I meant the 242 is often regarded as the best Coleman lantern ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom