My 1UZFE build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 1UZ's are cheap and plentiful, ECU's can be had or OEM used with an auto. I just paid for the luxury of a NOS engine, you don't have to use a new motor. I see the FJ company is doing Tacoma V6 engines , also nice to see Toy motors being used.
I agree, I have the luxury to being near junkyards that specialize in Toyota's and Lexus, the V-8 can be had fairly cheap.

Last edited:
Is there a bellhousing/adapter to connect the 1UZFE to an H55? Everything I have read points to using an H151 for a 5 speed manual.

Is there a bellhousing/adapter to connect the 1UZFE to an H55? Everything I have read points to using an H151 for a 5 speed manual.
Yes, a buddy of mine created a CAD file for the bellhousing design and Dellow in Australia cast and machined it. He and I both have the bellhousing, his is installed and running .

What do you guys think of combining old and new. I have a 82 bib and bezel and a pair of 73 aprons with the marker lights.

Baby gets new shoes , OEM steelies widened to 8 inches and BFG 10:50-15-33
DSC_0066.JPG
DSC_0067.JPG

Next the bumper and winch must go. Maybe an ICON bumper?

Ordered SS headers and SS exhaust parts for the 1UZ from AT Racing today and motor mount kit from North West Toys in OR , they are 1 and 2UZ experts. I have the 2F for sale and i might drive the truck as is for the spring if it doesn't sell. It is a nice truck.

Last edited:
Yes very simple. I have two more marine ECU's with wire harness , fuels pumps etc. and I have a guy checking to see if I can run an auto 1UZ with them.
Sweet. I’d imagine it could be made to work if the emissions on the auto engine are eliminated.

Maybe, it would make the units more valuable. I could buy a JDM motor for another build.

Let me get one while their value is still questionable :rofl:

But in all seriousness have no idea if it would be easier (or possible) to modify the marine ecu or just rework the stock auto computer.
From my research it looks like it’s not incredibly difficult to wire up the stock ecu when using a manual trans.

I’m going the JDM motor route, place in North Jersey has them for $700 with everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom