CDL/ 4Lo indicator switches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2007 LX 470

No dash lights come on after CDL engaged or shifting to 4Lo. Systems are working so it must be the switches on top on t-case.

Do I need to replace all three? Does anyone have the part numbers?

Have you verified it's not locked? Shift t-case into 4Lo, press CDL button, turn a circle, drive train should bind up/tires chirping. If the truck's never been used off-road before you, then it's possible the locker just needs some working to engage. Find a parking lot and drive a long S pattern to see if it will click in.

I see. The dealer tried to sell me a new gauge cluster. I knew that couldn't be the case... Is there any way to verify its bulbs without taking the dash apart?

This is almost always the switch on the t-case in my research. There are lots of threads in the 100 section about this and I read them all. I was in the same boat as you with the CDL working and the dealer offering to replace the entire cluster but then I read up in here.

I bought a switch and the longer/larger wrench that is supposed to help make it easier to swap out but never got around to it. After two days on a particularly bumpy/rocky trail with the CDL engaged most of the way BOOM the light came on and has worked ever since. Replacement switch sitting in my toolbox as I type.

EDIT: 2006 LX for reference

Good luck!
rjones

This is almost always the switch on the t-case in my research. There are lots of threads in the 100 section about this and I read them all. I was in the same boat as you with the CDL working and the dealer offering to replace the entire cluster but then I read up in here.

I bought a switch and the longer/larger wrench that is supposed to help make it easier to swap out but never got around to it. After two days on a particularly bumpy/rocky trail with the CDL engaged most of the way BOOM the light came on and has worked ever since. Replacement switch sitting in my toolbox as I type.

EDIT: 2006 LX for reference

Good luck!
rjones
Thanks. Did you buy the oem switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom