What's the best State>City to sell my 80 in? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I think that eBay will probably get you the most $$. But, posting here and dealing with fellow cruiser heads with a slightly discounted price ain't a bad idea either!!

How long and where have you and the truck lived in MT, and did you use it in the winter time. Even 1 winter up here and you likely have a rust bucket lurking on the underside, the chloride eats everything up here

Edit: That said I could be interested in it depending on price and the questions above

Last edited:
San Diego Craigslist is absolutely insane.

I'd just put in my description that your price is firm and don't bother lowballing. Hang up on them if they do.

People will come....quickly.

Post on Mud first, if that doesn't go anywhere then check back in. If I were ever to sell my cruiser I'd rather it go to someone on Mud rather than some rando from craigslist, even if I didn't get absolute top dollar.

People will travel for the right cruiser especially if you make it easy for them by providing a super detailed description with a ton of photos and paperwork.

As for @tacosupreme 's comment its true. I live about 30min south of Bend, OR and the 80 series to population ratio here is quite high. On any given day I will see another 80 series out driving around which means theres that many more parked at home or work.

Last edited:
I am either getting older and grumpier or craigslist is just getting worse and worse. The last few things I have sold on there have been so difficult it almost was not worth it. People seem not to care you say the price is firm, no haggling, etc. People calling and then just not showing up for appoints, etc.

I have a hard set of rules for clist. Firm price, no address given until you are driving on your way here now, etc. You get one email response then you have to call and actually talk to me, period. Ugh.

CL gets everyone. You don't want everyone. You want that one guy that wants it and money isn't his real issue.

I say post it up here on MUD, and list that you are wanting/willing to travel to make the delivery. There are many of us that live in rust prone states that may jump at the chance to pick up a nice rig without having to travel.

Bend, OR.

Or, live in it, breakup with your ex, get broke, then get a writer from Jalopnik to write a feature.

Or, live in it, breakup with your ex, get broke, then get a writer from Jalopnik to write a feature.

:deadhorse: LMFAO I would not go fleabay they suck and if you get one jackwagon who said it was not what it was and wants his money Fleabay will take it from your account so I would go MUD or CL

:deadhorse: LMFAO I would not go fleabay they suck and if you get one jackwagon who said it was not what it was and wants his money Fleabay will take it from your account so I would go MUD or CL

not sure this is true? if you are talking about bids they are non binding, the whole thing is non binding, meaning that the buyer is not actually bound to follow through on a bid and the seller is not bound to actually sell the car. Basically they are a medium that advertises the car for you. It is up to the buyer to know what they are getting into when purchasing the vehicle. Once that buyer hands over the funds it is a done deal. They really have no recourse. Car is sold on an AS IS basis. Now of course you could go and get a lawyer and blah blah but most are not going to go that route especially if the ad states car sold as is.

not sure this is true? if you are talking about bids they are non binding, the whole thing is non binding, meaning that the buyer is not actually bound to follow through on a bid and the seller is not bound to actually sell the car. Basically they are a medium that advertises the car for you. It is up to the buyer to know what they are getting into when purchasing the vehicle. Once that buyer hands over the funds it is a done deal. They really have no recourse. Car is sold on an AS IS basis. Now of course you could go and get a lawyer and blah blah but most are not going to go that route especially if the ad states car sold as is.
I think what the other poster may be talking about, is if you use PayPal to buy the item. In that case he is in fact correct, PayPal can, and have gone into peoples accounts, and removed money after the fact.

I think what the other poster may be talking about, is if you use PayPal to buy the item. In that case he is in fact correct, PayPal can, and have gone into peoples accounts, and removed money after the fact.

ah yes, no way I would sell a car via paypal! lol, I have heard of this, cash cash cash, or money wire

I guess a deposit would and could be rescinded, it's the chance you take I guess

How long and where have you and the truck lived in MT, and did you use it in the winter time. Even 1 winter up here and you likely have a rust bucket lurking on the underside, the chloride eats everything up here

Edit: That said I could be interested in it depending on price and the questions above

I just moved here.

Factory locked '95 with 165k mi? If no rust and somewhat maintained, I might be interested. PM me. Reno area market is not bad. Cruisers don't last long on CL and seem to sell for above average.
Mmmm, Reno market is
And whatever happened to that doofus?

i guess i'm i little disappointed no pictures or ask of price with 2 pages. post it up for sale and let the market decide with your great contingencies of delivery sweepings the deal.

i guess i'm i little disappointed no pictures or ask of price with 2 pages. post it up for sale and let the market decide with your great contingencies of delivery sweepings the deal.

haha. the purpose of this thread was to figure out WHICH market! ive got a better handle now.

here's a pic. everything for sale, including girl

IMG_9492.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom