4” lift options for FJ40 8/80> (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It’s time to buy new springs for my BJ42 (it shares the same springs with later FJ40). I’m planning 35” tires, so 4” springs would be the best option.

The problems is the spring eye size (Ø 35 mm), which limits options, the most lift kits are made for 1964-07/1980.

I have found 4” springs for 8/80-84 only from TPI, HFS and Hell Creek. Rough Country’s 4” springs have 35 mm bush OD size, so those would fit too by changing bushes from 15/35 to 18/35 despite they advertise fitment only for 64-80. Of course I could do homemade shackles with 15 mm lower pin, but I’d like to get springs with 35 mm eyes that I could use the original 18 mm pin size.

What would you recommend? I’d like to get smooth ride suspension with proper shackle angles. I’d rather would like to buy only the springs, because I would want to install FOX shocks anyway.

Alcan Spring will make you anything you want, just give them the important dimensions. You will need to know the weight of the finished truck, front and back though (including any winches, bumpers, etc. you may put on later).

Alcan Spring - Manufactures Fine Custom Leaf Springs

I think I’ll order Rough Country lift. Some have got short springs = bad shackle angles, but I have read/seen that happened with TPIs and Hell Creeks too.

I think I would take one leaf off and move the shackle mounts from the frame. I guess the biggest reason for the RC’s harshness is the bad shocks they have, the springs looks similar compared to the other manufacturers (leaf amount and thickness).

You can also source the appropriate bushings to use what ever spring you want

I think I’ll order Rough Country lift. Some have got short springs = bad shackle angles, but I have read/seen that happened with TPIs and Hell Creeks too.

I think I would take one leaf off and move the shackle mounts from the frame. I guess the biggest reason for the RC’s harshness is the bad shocks they have, the springs looks similar compared to the other manufacturers (leaf amount and thickness).

I have a set of 4" lift, spring under, springs in my garage, from a smaller spring company. I'll grab the name off them tomorrow. I bought them to replace the OME front springs I had but they were longer than the OME and I didn't want to move my shackle hangers.

Pretty sure they are Hell Creek Hell Creek Suspensions, Inc.

I have a set of 4" lift, spring under, springs in my garage, from a smaller spring company. I'll grab the name off them tomorrow. I bought them to replace the OME front springs I had but they were longer than the OME and I didn't want to move my shackle hangers.

Pretty sure they are Hell Creek Hell Creek Suspensions, Inc.
Do you want to sell them?

I do, but I imagine shipping 4 leaf springs to Finland would be pretty expensive?
I have an address in Paramount, CA. Please pm if possible to ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom