Builds Sold! Land Crusher - 1993 FZJ80 3x Locked - Introduction and Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will Van

GOLD Star
Threads
Edit: Here is what the truck looks like now.
81812_C5_D_D111_4_D38_95_DD_69_D0_B69_D375_C.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally pulled the trigger on an 80 series Land Cruiser!!! Huge thanks to @arcteryx at Cruiser Yard for such a nice truck and a very smooth transaction. He even trailered it to my mechanic so I could get it inspected!

The truck is a 1993 3x locked FZJ80 in beige metallic with 140k miles.

For Sale - Rust free, low mileage, Factory Locked 1993 FZJ80, Texas, Very nice

Trailer.jpg

Pic_1.jpg

Pic_2.jpg

Side_Shot.jpg

Interior_Front.jpg

26_A7_BC35_E341_4_DE3_960_E_3434_C45_EBBC4.jpg

I'd also like to thank: @cruiserdan @gummycarbs @Lumpskie @Red Merle @ZackR @LS1FJ40 @fiskenmorder and the many other Cruiser-heads for all of their help and guidance when I was shopping for my truck.

Right now the truck is at my mechanic getting a full inspection and baseline. It needs new tires, axle seals, a starter, fresh fluids, and a few other miscellaneous items.

Future plans for the truck are:
  • Roof Rack Delete
  • OME 2.5" Lift (Heavy Front, Medium Rear)
  • ARB Front Bumper
  • 315/75/16 BFG Mud Terrain KM2s
  • WeatherTech Floor Liners
  • Bump It Off Road Step Sliders
  • Bump It Off Road Rear Bumper
  • Stereo Upgrade (thx @ZackR)
  • Remove Interior Wood Trim
  • Warn M12000 Winch
  • Air Horns
  • PAIR/EGR/Emissions Delete
  • Dual Battery Setup
  • Diesel/5-Speed Swap

More to come soon. Thanks for looking!

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Last edited:
My 1994 looks very similar. Good find.

Oh and before you commit to the OME lift be sure to check out the other options from Tough Dog or Dobinsons. Get your armor dialed in then tackle the suspension once you know what the beast will weigh.

Heck before you do anything take it on a trip and see what it can do stock.

But before you take the big drive, mess with the stereo. Trust me on this.

Oh and before you commit to the OME lift be sure to check out the other options from Tough Dog or Dobinsons. Get your armor dialed in then tackle the suspension once you know what the beast will weigh.

Heck before you do anything take it on a trip and see what it can do stock.

I thought about that. But the tires on it are bald. They need to be replaced immediately. So I suppose I could replace them with some stock sized tires, but I know I want 315/75/16 KM2s. I thought it made more sense to go ahead and do the lift, tires, and ARB bumper all at the same time. I think the OME 2.5" (with 2851 front coils and 2860 rear coils) makes sense for the ARB bumper and 315 tires. I can't afford any more armor right now anyway!

Do these old Cruisers inevitably need a stereo upgrade?
The speakers are usually shot. Most people(including me) that just want it to sound decent go with the easy Pioneer swap that doesn't require any real modifications to the stock setup. Some people replace the head units with something more modern, but I just use one of those cassette adapter things and run my phone through it. It works fine and sounds good enough for my needs.

Stereo upgrade should be number one on the list. Seriously.

As for tires if yours are bald then a stock size replacement doesn't make sense but I'd still get a feel for it stock(ish) before you go crazy on upgrades. 285/75/16 tires fit with the stock suspension and will take you anywhere you need to go while learning what the cruiser can do, especially with lockers.

Cha! However, I let the pro's do my install and they tempered my enthusiasm to replace everything. New sub (paper one will be blown), new amp, new head, new front speakers. They dialed it all in. Now, I'm no audiophile but it's pretty awesome and loud. Back-up cam was a nice extra. I can always replace the other speakers later. Mine has 9 speakers.

Maybe that's the leather option mine had since there is no power. My 1997 has power seats. Oh, so I bought the 1994 and my wife claimed it. Then I had to buy another one that I could play with.

Thats an awesome 80, congrats.

Spend 200 on a cheap double din from Crutchfield. I bought one that was 129.99. I picked up 4 Panasonic speakers on Amazon, 2 TSG1045R for rear and 2 TS-A1676R for front. I got a Metra 6.5" adaptor and had to modify my door panel a bit. I used the RCA connectors so its going through the factory AMP, could care less, it sounds 100X better than what was there and I have bluetooth now.

Congratulations! That looks like an awesome and clean rig! Factory lockers and only 140k on it too.

I'm with the other guys on tires. If you current tires are bald, I'd go 285s. You'll gain some ground clearance, won't loose too much acceleration and they will look a lot better too.

On 285 KO2’s at its second home. The gas station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom