Bolt on turbo kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Flanges going to get laser cut and engraved. These flanges are for the exhaust manifold side and are stainless steel and 1/2” thick. These things will be no joke. Oh and yes, I AM engraving them :flipoff2:

1CC88352-F796-4DFF-AC0A-BE1FCD219BB6.jpeg
F0AB3EA2-4894-49A2-AEE2-0E7F7FAB79DE.jpeg

DOM tubing with massive amounts of triangulation too? It looks like the j-pipe can be duel-purposed as an engine hoist mounting location.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is typical exhaust tubing made with, or the OEM y-pipe, just for reference?

Big difference between exhaust tubing and turbo manifold though. It is important to use heavy tubing in a turbo manifold because you have considerable back pressure and the exhaust stays in the manifold much longer so it is hotter than say a set of headers.

You had me at stickers. I might need two. One for the rear window.

Nice! I just want to hear that exhaust flutter so I can sound like an f250 idling. Make 'em wonder.

I want a switch on the waste gate so I can get the hiss-pop while sitting at a stop light............While I'm mall-crawling......

Although instructions will be made for #80series #LandCruiser #1fzturbo I figured I’d go into a little more detail about the oil drain fitting. The oil drain is gravity fed back into oil pan but MUST be above the oil line...or else it’s dumb.

Since the 1FZ motor has two oil pans, we are going to be tapping into the upper aluminum pan. Once the center hole is marked and drilled then we need to make sure that the oil drain fitting is absolutely straight on with the hole AND the mount doesn’t shift when trying to mark the mounting hole locations for drilling and tapping. I will be supplying everything needed INCLUDING the Teflon dowel used to indicate the fitting...because I <3 U!

E807753A-25B3-457C-AD26-F429847E5C0B.jpeg
36FC185C-689C-4D34-8B81-BB30EA8D7C38.jpeg
27E76A77-BD8E-4ABD-B4A8-D0E83D092A07.jpeg
41013814-80DD-451F-BB5E-F9BCB8B8719C.jpeg

Last edited:
You can’t have too much etching.

@NLXTACY I'm about $4500 away from being a purchaser of this awesomeness but you mentioned TIGing the oil fitting would be ideal, will you offer that in an unanodized version for us with the means to burn it in?

Perhaps without the ears since they wouldn't be needed?

@NLXTACY I'm about $4500 away from being a purchaser of this awesomeness but you mentioned TIGing the oil fitting would be ideal, will you offer that in an unanodized version for us with the means to burn it in?

Perhaps without the ears since they wouldn't be needed?

Weld-In Bungs and Fittings - 10 AN Thread Size

No shortage of options. These can be found all over but since most likely won’t go this route, it won’t be part of the kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom