What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I posted in the hardcore section to start documenting my build, but I was given the green light to start my re-rebuild project. Just prior to an anniversary/kids AF BMT graduation trip to TX I picked up a 2000 LQ4 6.0. This week I began work on my NP205. I may have a clutch put together soon too.

At some point during my build I’ll reinstall some of my Quik Hinges so I can finally enjoy them too.

At some point I will finish designing my SS knuckle rings for the 80/105 knuckles so I can keep my knuckle grease in and the crud out. I’ll be using 80 knuckles on a Ford 9” housing in front.

Took Pig for a ride in the Goat

C0FCBE7B-6757-4641-8FBB-B9C0B66D23F7.jpeg

Pulled the seats out of Patina for recovering so im cleaning it up good and respraying Rust Converter and sealing cracks

7FE3DEA9-E5A5-4D2A-9014-AA886A84F92C.jpeg

what is the purpose of doing this? Yes . I'm stupid.

Its a GOOD Question .............:idea:

- Later 2F Cylinder heads had More Threaded Union ports for coolant Temp. sensors / senders ( Emissions Related ) & Heater system fittings & unions to tap into the coolant , some are Not Getting Used / Not Needed on my build so Delete plugs are needed

I was lucky enough to score enough Plugs for my next 1986 2F at the machine shop now

After weeks of 12hr days buried in legal texts I rewarded myself with lunch at my favourite bush bar, Angie's G Spot, up in the mountains about an hour from home. Took the trip in the 75... Dagha Boy is still no further. While I was there a group of 20+ European bikers on Royal Enfields stopped off for lunch. Real cool bikes being made in India to the old British recipe.

Sadly, after leaving Angie's on the way to the coast one of the guys crashed and lost his leg as a result. Not nice. The corrugations apparently got him.

20180209_133305.jpg
20180209_133630.jpg

This guy looks to have a helmet in his left hand... surely he wasn’t riding barefoot and almost buck naked... :confused:

No, no. That's Harold, the owner of the pub, just getting the feel of it and his photo taken. It was about 100 degrees and no air-conditioning within miles of the place.

Added a safety switch and reverse light switch and light to the Art Carr shifter. It should not have been this difficult...it's a safety switch kit they make, but when the shift cable is in the last attachment point, the cable end contacts the switch, so the bracket needs to be lifted. The reverse light switch is a hacked up park switch bracket tacked to the modified park switch bracket.

There nearly nothing on the web about how to do this....maybe this will help someone else trying to get a reverse light with a AC shifter.

IMG_5383.JPG

IMG_5385.JPG

IMG_5386.JPG

IMG_5391.JPG

IMG_5392.JPG

Last edited:
First real test drive today! It hit the road for the first time in something close to 15 years! Huge milestone in the refresh of this 40.

Details in my build thread in the 25 forum, link in my signature.

View attachment 1631109

What a beauty. Add that pic to the Patina appreciation thread

Nah its pretty simple and there's plenty of videos on YouTube for unilite and pertronix conversions. Think there's a few on mud too.
I

I wanted to say thanks. I finally felt well enough to check out the fj40
As you predicted had a few things touching the side of the distributor. It now runs better then it has in a long time. I will be looking into the kit to convert my distributor over to a electronic distributor. Thanks again

I

I wanted to say thanks. I finally felt well enough to check out the fj40
As you predicted had a few things touching the side of the distributor. It now runs better then it has in a long time. I will be looking into the kit to convert my distributor over to a electronic distributor. Thanks again
My pleasure - happy to hear it worked out for you
Cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom