1971 spring green restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Currently we have 2 early 40's and 2 early 45's and a pig we are doing different levels of restoration on. This thread will document the 1971 spring green truck that spent it life in AZ. It is a very clean truck but appears to have been sitting since 77. It doesn't appear to be have been abused at all. This should be a nice truck.

FDDE08F6-AD35-452A-8235-F8E9C8F3F33E.jpeg
5B3EE27D-4F5D-4F31-AFE5-196FCAA4B7B6.jpeg
19308C03-B70A-4A56-9F0C-CCA6EFA0F94E.jpeg

Tell me more about the 71! Your truck is my truck's twin, no joke. I'm a Spring Green, 71 model, 11/70 build, 93001 vin, what's yours!?!

Tell me more about the 71! Your truck is my truck's twin, no joke. I'm a Spring Green, 71 model, 11/70 build, 93001 vin, what's yours!?!

Triplets, actually! Mine's a 12/70 and I posted in the registry thread...

This one is awesome, wish my tub was in this nice of condition.:beer:

This should be a nice truck.

What do you mean it "should be?" That truck is perfect right now.

You can certainly mess it up. But you can not make it any nicer than it already is.

It is unbelievable to me that in today's time people still consider painting over an already perfect paint job. Unreal.

What do you mean it "should be?" That truck is perfect right now.

You can certainly mess it up. But you can not make it any nicer than it already is.

It is unbelievable to me that in today's time people still consider painting over an already perfect paint job. Unreal.

I wouldn't call the paint on that FJ40 "PERFECT" but I also wouldn't hesitate to agree that it is far better to leave it original than to repaint. Its only original ONCE, regardless of all else, and this one deserves to be preserved, not rebuilt.

I think we have the same principles but using the term "perfect" is a little strong. It is a great original body and with all of the mud/water catching seams these trucks have its very uncommon.

This will make a excellent survivor rig with the maintenance that it is getting to the mechanical side, hopefully the body just gets a buff.

I doubt I will ever "restore" my FJ40 but if I did this one has me reconsidering the OEM color, my 1971 is also Spring Green from the factory. It has seen a dark blue and a gray topcoat since and will probably remain as such.

Great old Toyota you have there!

I welcome your disagreement, Maximus, and will stand by my characterization.

That damn paint is perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom