LX470 Cabin Air Filter Replacement DIY (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank! That mod is great and straightforward. I saw labels for evaporator and two tubes and O rings, is that something affected or we leave that alone?

Read the thread I posted and that's in the FAQ, it provides much much much more info than that external link.

My 01 LC did not have the filter slot so I bought all the required parts and did the retrofit. My 01 LC now has cabin air filters installed.

Has anyone had issues with water dripping from the cooler cover? Is there some kind of gasket that is also supposed to be installed in order to prevent water dripping onto the passenger floor?

I have this issue and although it is not a lot of water it is annoying.

Is there some kind of gasket that is also supposed to be installed in order to prevent water dripping onto the passenger floor?

There is. Mine was in pretty bad shape but left it in anyway after the mod. Drips soon followed so disassembled and grabbed the OEM gasket/seal (can't find the part #) replaced and drip gone. Pretty sure you could make your own for a lot less.

There is. Mine was in pretty bad shape but left it in anyway after the mod. Drips soon followed so disassembled and grabbed the OEM gasket/seal (can't find the part #) replaced and drip gone. Pretty sure you could make your own for a lot less.

Oh man a part number would be awesome if it stops the drip. Let me know if you find it. I'll be looking also. How would I go about making one?

sounds like a drain is plugged.

The condenser is not in a position to leak from the air filter cover.

Not sure but there's always a good amount of water underneath the LC after a long drive with the AC on. It wasn't dripping before the retrofit though.

I had the drip as well. I ended up replacing the gasket material.
Real easy install, just remove glove box, then the cover screws.
Toyota P/N 88578-47040. It was < $10 from the dealer.
No more drip!

View attachment 1269134

View attachment 1269135
Oh man a part number would be awesome if it stops the drip. Let me know if you find it. I'll be looking also. How would I go about making one?

See above from another thread. I have yet to try it but, like you get plenty of discharge on the pavement and thus I assume that my drain tube is mostly working. I have an '02 but haven't yet decided if I want to add filters also or just only replace the seal.

See above from another thread. I have yet to try it but, like you get plenty of discharge on the pavement and thus I assume that my drain tube is mostly working. I have an '02 but haven't yet decided if I want to add filters also or just only replace the seal.

Part ordered! Let's hope it fixes the issue. Thanks

Let us know if it works. I plan to do the same when a house project ends and I can have brief access to the garage.

Let us know if it works. I plan to do the same when a house project ends and I can have brief access to the garage.

Just got back from a 1000 mile trip and I'm happy to report the small little gasket mentioned above fixed the issue. No more drips!

Whelp, finally did this today. No filters in the 1999 Cruiser (yes there are 2 that stack on top of each other). This takes like 10 minutes tops for the whole install. Found the filter set on Amazon by searching the part #. Thanks again for the writeup.

Replaced my leaky gasket and, while at it, changed the cover and added the filters to my '02 LC. Probably the first time it was cracked open in my 15 years of ownership. Amount of debris reasonably light.

Thanks to the many tips within the several threads herein. Bought the gasket, cover and cover door from Toyota and the aftermarket filters from Amazon. So far, so good.

After 164k miles not having the cabin air filter in my 99 I wasn't really seeing the need to add it, but upon seeing it at densoproducts.com for only $12.04 + shipping I ordered two. Apparently this part has dropped considerably since this thread began 12 years ago. Thanks for the write up.

Denso Particulate Cabin Air Filter 88568-60010

SKU: #453-1001
ITEM : # DEN453-1001
BRAND : Denso
  • Set of 2
  • OEM# 88568-60010
  • OE Identical
  • Particulate Type
  • Effective Filtration to .001 Microns
Denso First Time Fit Cabin Air Filters are Engineered for Optimal Airflow and Filtration, Meeting All OE Specifications.
  • Up to Five Layers of Filter Media Trap Particles Down to .001 Micron
  • Traps Soot, Dirt and Pollen to Provide Greater Passenger Comfort
  • Reduces Allergens
  • Provides Maximum Airflow with Minimum Air Noise

I just acquired a 64k mile 2006 470 and the first thing I did was change this and it was disgusting. Used scrubbing bubbles to clean the condenser and Lysol in the intake. Made a huge difference.

Make this a regular thing. You change your home ones quarterly. How about once a year for these. Cheap and easy

Thanks for the write up. Unfortunately, the clips to the access door broke in 2 places when trying to reattach so it will have to be permanently duct taped... Oh well!

Make sure you check the blower motor...mine was filled with a little rats nest. Car smells about a million times better now and the vents actually work too

0445A8E4-57FB-4BA6-BF9C-247BC7CBC588.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom