Winter Event February 16th-19th, This year in Fort McMurray (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, I'm paid up - gotta get the truck registered again and fix the voltage regulator... again.

And Jackson and I will do our best not to win half the raffle prizes again. Not.

And Jackson and I will do our best not to win half the raffle prizes again. Not.
I need to win something this year. I got skunked last year. Although I did win more than my fair share at Cruisin’ the woods in September.

I would say good recovery points are more important than the winch.

I have a hitch on the back so no issue there. I now have the ARB on the front but it has no recovery points, but I found someone here on Mud that fabricates recovery points for this bumper so I have two of those on the way.

9FD77DC4-FC32-431E-8EE6-2FF0DE65A4CC.jpeg
So... I’d like to encourage everyone to bring something home made and donate it to the raffle. We have a lot of talented members and I personally prefer home made to store bought. Whether it’s homemade mustard you love making or you have a penchant for rug hooking, we would love it if you contributed to your raffle to make it a bit more fun this year.

Here’s a little something I finished this morning that Tyler and I made...

Last edited:
Sorry guys as badly as i want to go, my updated schedule came out and ill still be working and may even be working out of town. Hopefully I can travel around this summer and meet up for a run or 2

View attachment 1622478 So... I’d like to encourage everyone to bring something home made and donate it to the raffle. We have a lot of talented members and I personally prefer home made to store bought. Whether it’s homemade mustard you love making or have a penchant for rug hooking, we would love it if you contributed to your raffle to make it a bit more fun this year.

Here’s a little something I finished this morning that Tyler and I made...

I approve of this idea!

Love the idea, but I don't really make anything that would be raffle-able. If someone wants to automate their house using industrial components or optimize anything that flows through a pipe I can lend a hand but its a pretty small fanbase. Or bikes...

Getting closer. Looking like 25 heads and 15 or so rigs so far. Please reach out and settle your entry fees so I can finalize hotels

Made up a 12V accessory (ie: fridge) socket and voltmeter with adjustable low voltage cutout so you don't kill your batteries.

Older fridges don't have these!

Great idea, and nice execution!

If i knew where to source the low voltage cutoffs anymore i would say yes. This one I scrounged from work .

So I followed up on this, I can find parts ranging from about $160 (the low voltage disconnect is the hardest to find a decent and lower priced unit) to over $300. That's cost alone and without shipping or assembly time.

I'd say that the one I built with scrounged parts (turns out that scrounged part is over $100) is worth about $180 without assembly...based on that I don't think I'd feel fair building and selling them for others.

That's a lot of cash.

Do we need to bring lawn chairs, table or anything like that for the raffle evening?

Thanks for the reminder Kevin:

Things you need:
-Camp chairs for lunches and possibly raffle night
-Winter gear for winter weather
-Recovery gear
- A great attitude ===> goes a really long way
- Radio if you have. HAM or GMRS or tin cans and string
- We'll need a few chainsaws... like 4 not 24
- Tire Chains if it tickles your fancy
- Trail Snacks, we provide some lunch but not all the other fixins we all like
- Cash for raffle night!

Also let me know if you have dietary constraints so I can boot you from the trip you filthy vegan.... just kidding. We are in the midst of planning trail lunches now.

So I followed up on this, I can find parts ranging from about $160 (the low voltage disconnect is the hardest to find a decent and lower priced unit) to over $300. That's cost alone and without shipping or assembly time.

I'd say that the one I built with scrounged parts (turns out that scrounged part is over $100) is worth about $180 without assembly...based on that I don't think I'd feel fair building and selling them for others.

That's a lot of cash.

If you are thinking of producing these I can check some parts at work. We build remote site battery boxes with low voltage disconnects. Message me if you want me to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom