What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

did heater T's and programmed to master keys with fobs. After 170k heater T's looked perfect. pretty sure original as clamps were positioned in the most difficult angles ever. At least they will be able to be changed much easier next time!!!

keys bought off amazon and used tlcforum instructions for programming key and fob.

Took advantage of this weather and did a quick clean up... Washed and threw on a quick coat of sealant, and flushed the hell out of the undercarriage. Will do a full proper detail with a good buff job in the spring!

Looking forward to winter being over, but we still have a ways to go! Kind of missing my dedicated snow tires, I'll put them on again next year, but wanted to see how well these ST Maxx's do in the slippery stuff.

View attachment 1620319
Way too pretty. Needs some "pin striping". :)

ARB had a promo if you bought a fridge between 11/20/17 and 12/31/17 they would send you a free transit bag. I submitted the info online and I had the bag in a week. I was really planning on a few months to get here. I was impressed.
IMG_3410.JPG

Picked up a few tools for an upcoming suspension install and soaked everything in PB
20180127_095032.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a 2000 last summer and been refurbing/upgrading since then. Will get around to a build thread someday....

Today was spark plugs, air filter, and new coil packs. While in there i did MAF and throttle body cleanings.

Good times!!!

86110585-0672-4EF0-800E-C13EAD4D4E2E.jpeg

2BBED88A-8627-4D07-90C2-D31DDA4CFD60.jpeg

0555E6DC-9BE1-4F93-A04A-DC6FCC7E3C1F.jpeg

05BB9F2E-A5A0-4B1D-B642-37CB3B51EE37.jpeg

E6EAAA32-2460-4C72-93ED-883DB16DD11C.jpeg

Rebooted the other CV axle that was slinging grease, honestly every time i reboot a CV i just want to stab myself with a screwdriver. Dealing with rusted bolts and stuck axle and bent OEM clamps. Managed to break 2 hammers trying to knock the tie rod loose..woooosahhhh had to go find the sledge hammer to knock the lower ball joint and UCA joint out. These trucks are tough, not even a mar on the metal after i beat the crap out of it.

39223470854_b60c62343c_b.jpg

39901766892_5bef6199b7_b.jpg

25062720497_c9a3da983e_b.jpg

Pull the center console to chase down some rattles - found them and fixed them (yay)!

Figured out that the glove box door rattled a bit because the damper string had come lose from the crimp, so I repaired that (yay)!

Noticed a couple of a weeks ago that my DS seat belt was a bit damp, figured I hadn't fully sealed it when I installed my Gamiviti or the silicon had dried out (it was the latter) - so I resealed all 12 bolts.

Rebooted the other CV axle that was slinging grease, honestly every time i reboot a CV i just want to stab myself with a screwdriver. Dealing with rusted bolts and stuck axle and bent OEM clamps. Managed to break 2 hammers trying to knock the tie rod loose..woooosahhhh had to go find the sledge hammer to knock the lower ball joint and UCA joint out. These trucks are tough, not even a mar on the metal after i beat the crap out of it.

My local autozone rents ball joint pullers for free (full refund of a deposit only) Free is cheaper than two hammers.

Played in gear oil today, changed out front/rear diff fluids and transfer case! Also greased the ds -"thud" is gone.....for now anyway!

My local autozone rents ball joint pullers for free (full refund of a deposit only) Free is cheaper than two hammers.

I have all those tools at the shop, didn’t feel like driving there to work on it, even there we just whack the metal part holding the tie rod and it just pops out. Not sure why this truck was so stubborn that I broke a 3lbs mallet in the process. Lol a sledge hammer took care of that.

The knuckle is really really heavy, I almost crapped myself holding it up to thread the bolts in.

Pulled AHC components.... holy crap, talk about a rock and debris collector. View attachment 1620802View attachment 1620803View attachment 1620804View attachment 1620805
I want to commend you for doing a full delete. Been there, done that, so I understand the work that goes into it, but IMO it’s the only way it should be done.

Actually was servicing a customer’s rig today who bought his LX with an OME kit already installed. Every piece of AHC was still on the truck, including the lines going to the shocks, which funny enough were affixed to the OME shock. I think I see a full removal in his future...

Pull the center console to chase down some rattles - found them and fixed them (yay)!

Figured out that the glove box door rattled a bit because the damper string had come lose from the crimp, so I repaired that (yay)!

Noticed a couple of a weeks ago that my DS seat belt was a bit damp, figured I hadn't fully sealed it when I installed my Gamiviti or the silicon had dried out (it was the latter) - so I resealed all 12 bolts.

I really need to do this as well. What was the culprit in the center console vibration?

I want to commend you for doing a full delete. Been there, done that, so I understand the work that goes into it, but IMO it’s the only way it should be done.

Actually was servicing a customer’s rig today who bought his LX with an OME kit already installed. Every piece of AHC was still on the truck, including the lines going to the shocks, which funny enough were affixed to the OME shock. I think I see a full removal in his future...
Ha! Thanks, yeah it’s quite the task. But for sure the only way to do it.

Agree that rebooting is a PITA job. Probably why so many small repair shops try to sell cv replacement over reboot jobs. You get 10points for DIY rebooting- but minus -5 points for using a carpentry hammer on your job (3lb or 5lb mallet is your friend) Ive had good lucknwith sone well placed strikes to get the upper & lower LBJ to release with out pullers, or damage to ball joint boots.

I learned removing the knuckle completely, makes things much easier. Its only an extra 20-30 minutes to remove the steering knuckle vs pushing aside, which makes pulling the CV out very easy- a couple of good tugs and it comes loose. Also makes the install easier as well. Also gives a good opportunity to clean and regrease the spindle bearings.

It’s the worst job for sure.

Agree that rebooting is a PITA job. Probably why so many small repair shops try to sell cv replacement over reboot jobs. You get 10points for DIY rebooting- but minus -5 points for using a carpentry hammer on your job (3lb or 5lb mallet is your friend) Ive had good lucknwith sone well placed strikes to get the upper & lower LBJ to release with out pullers, or damage to ball joint boots.

I learned removing the knuckle completely, makes things much easier. Its only an extra 20-30 minutes to remove the steering knuckle vs pushing aside, which makes pulling the CV out very easy- a couple of good tugs and it comes loose. Also makes the install easier as well. Also gives a good opportunity to clean and regrease the spindle bearings.

Heh that hammer that I broke first was from harbor freight, cheap 3lbs mallet. This is my Home tools, I have better stuff at the shop. Rebooting cvs are too time consuming to do at the shop and it’ll tie up a lift so I just do it at home. I take my time and just clean everything as much as I could. Man that steering knuckle sure is heavy, hell even the axle is heavy trying to shove back into the diff. This truck is just overbuilt in general.

ARB had a promo if you bought a fridge between 11/20/17 and 12/31/17 they would send you a free transit bag. I submitted the info online and I had the bag in a week. I was really planning on a few months to get here. I was impressed.
View attachment 1620423
That looks way better than ARB’s blue jean denim looking fridge bag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom