ARBs aren’t soccer mom proof... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mcguirejohnson

SILVER Star
Threads
My taco received some new character marks yesterday...
EA0C0EF6-D028-42C5-9976-C3E60CD499CD.jpeg
2572128A-0E3D-48A2-98A0-FC9062BDEB4C.jpeg
08883365-0900-494B-93B1-5823A47E7C9A.jpeg

Prime example of why I don’t like driving my cruiser in the panhandle, people drive like maniacs!! Gonna burn in some .25” plate for new frame brackets, ARB wants $76 a piece for new ones....

592FD495-C5B3-4CA0-B9BA-794A90EA2E06.jpeg

Did anything happen to the frame on your Tacoma? I picked up a used bull bar for my 4Runner. To mount it I need to grind off a plate on the front of the frame rail. Then the bull bar will slide over the frame rail and bolt thru the bull bar and frame. Did that piece on the bull bar just snap off on that according piece that suppose to compress in a accident?

Why did you find the parts for the bull bar? Mine was missing the lights which I found ones off a VW that fit but can't can't a place to buy the missing pads.

Some crazy lady (just assuming lol) was flying down the access road and side swiped me and then proceeded to drive around the turnaround. It was too late for me to try and follow. Didn't get a chance to see their car but I'm sure it was bad. Hit the bumper just right and tore the bolts right out of the front frame horns. You can see in the last pic where it ripped the nuts right out they are still connected to the bumper.

Still drives straight so I'm guessing the frame is OK. The bottom brackets were a little crusty since I got the bumper in Colorado... Funny thing is I was at the stop light 20yrds from where it happened for a good minute and no one honked or signaled to me that my bumper was almost touching the asphalt.

Damn, that sucks. :( I think you are right just to make your own brackets.

Damn, that sucks. :( I think you are right just to make your own brackets.
Yah people are arseholes..... Guessing no insurance or stolen car it looked to be a newish rav4.

Will be good as new in no time!

Unrelated, but installed an ome lift this weekend. Really hoping it settles out an inch or so... 32s going on next weekend! The ride is a huge improvement over my previous blown stock setup...
1B79F142-1E50-4AAE-89E4-2886DB9E5AA7.jpeg

Fixed it up today with some quarter inch and made a cross brace with studs coming out of the frame side instead of nurserts. The whole bumper is bent about .5” on the passenger side but the whole truck is about .5” so f**k it. 32s make it look killer. And that’s a wrap on my taco build
9140AC42-377F-4E42-BFD0-75D68FC8A0A7.jpeg
13EB32CD-8545-4AC6-9804-66D331864BAB.jpeg

Awh man sorry to hear about that! People are assholes that's for sure. Glad to hear you got it fixed though and that you weren't hurt! Lift looks great by the way.

On a side note, I absolutely love that red 60 in your driveway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom