2018 Rubithon Wagon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Onur I wish you were going to be here this year but I do understand! Our loss!

Wish I could be there too Steve but I will be on my honeymoon at our family house on the Aegean with @CatskillsRunner.

IMG_3016.JPG

Happy to announce on line registration is now open. This is a complete upgrade from prior year's registration so if you find any issues, please email me at chairman@rubithon.com or call me at 530-401-0800.

You can now pay directly on the site with a credit card or still can use PayPal or send in a check. Also, it works with Windows or Macs and can also be completed from you mobile devices.

I'll be posting on the other forums later today.

Here is the link:
REGISTRATION – Rubithon

As already stated, each rig has to be registered. The person that is signed up as the registrant has to be a current TLCA member through June 30th. Not every person has to be a TLCA member. But at least the one signing up does.

Hope that helps. If you have further questions, feel free to contact me at chairman@rubithon.com or call at 530-401-0800

The site worked great - twice.

Dayum. Bringing extra parts? Long ride back to NM. ;)

On my ride back in 2009 I was on the side of the road on I-40 with trucks blasting by me at 80mph. Not fun.
Yes, I have a couple of used CV's, and drive shafts so far, and a starter In addition to the Serpentine belt, and coil packs I carry with me anytime I leave the city. By all means, if you have some suggestions, let me know. I have to call you for some other things that I didn't finish last year.

Yes, I have a couple of used CV's, and drive shafts so far, and a starter In addition to the Serpentine belt, and coil packs I carry with me anytime I leave the city. By all means, if you have some suggestions, let me know. I have to call you for some other things that I didn't finish last year.

Bring front axle rebuild parts (at least one side): studs, nuts, cone washers, bearings, seals, gaskets because they are different than the 8 mm 40/60/80 series stuff.

Tie rod ends (both sides)

Definitely a rear drive shaft. Doubt you will need a front shaft Ron.

Wheel studs and some lug nuts (maybe 6 of each).

Extra drive flange.

I'm around Ron. :)

Although I've signed up for the wagon run, would anyone be interested in running renegade? We would need, at least, a third truck.

If interested please pm me.

Some of my local Cruiser club is going to run renegade, are you going to take the 55 or the 60?

Although I've signed up for the wagon run, would anyone be interested in running renegade? We would need, at least, a third truck.

If interested please pm me.

Some of my local Cruiser club is going to run renegade, are you going to take the 55 or the 60?

I may do the same, but would probably come in from the Tahoe side like I did last year and hang out by the river for the week.

:lol:

Plan is to take the 55. My friend is bringing his BJ46. We both did the wagon run in 2016.

Plan is to take the 55. My friend is bringing his BJ46. We both did the wagon run in 2016.

I remember! You had the FJC at the time and your friend was from New York and had the unlocked BJ40 he had driven out! Very cool you're coming back. I hope he has a locker and some lower gears!

New York to the Rubicon is a long way in many ways! And as a bonus, it should be enough to get the Iron Butt award, though the Carolina guys will give you a run for the money.

:cheers:

As everyone knows there’s going to be a lot of interest this year in Rubithon, and all of the organized runs will likely fill up. I would appreciate it if you do NOT sign up for the Wagon Run if you are not going to actually do the run in order to keep the limited slots open. Also, if you sign up that means I am going to receive your packet of material - a packet I need to give to you at Loon Lake on Wed morning, not two days later in the Springs. If you’ve already signed up but are not coming in with us from Loon on Wed morning, let Eric @Bad Coco know so we can take you off the Wagon Run list. Thanks for your understanding.

just how many renegades are allowed in these parts?
I'll be a day ahead of you doods, so don't go thinking you can sneak a filet off without me knowing about it.

I'll hike back and help out with the lower rock gardens after Big Sluice and the tippy spots. My son will probably want to pepper you with nerf bullets from above...jus sayin.

is it June yet?

I want a filet too.:D

IMG_0886.JPG
IMG_0887.JPG

I remember! You had the FJC at the time and your friend was from New York and had the unlocked BJ40 he had driven out! Very cool you're coming back. I hope he has a locker and some lower gears!

Is this the guy you are referring to?
Yeah he had steel ballzzz driving from NYC in that!
Didn’t he break a front diff then?

DB6C80EF-F180-4C73-B83C-614ECF4C6F32.jpeg

Last edited:
Is this the guy you are referring to?
Yeah he had steel ballzzz driving from NYC in that!
Didn’t he break a front diff then?

That's the guy. He did break something important. They way he had to bump over things it might have been his differential. Maybe @jmylie can fill in the gaps and remind us.

Can we just hurry up the snow and melt already???

The Pryor Clan is now officially registered as well, and the new web site works really well! @Bad Coco , please give my congrats to the web team!

Who's ready for this view...setting off from Loon Lake!

IMG_1232.JPG

Rear axle broke. Trail repaired and brought to a shop after the event.

Rear dropped into a depression at the wrong time, especially pulling the trailer.

It looks like the trailer will be left in NY this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom