Beach camping/ vehicle access (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who made all those tracks? You?

I saved the pic because I hope to drive down there sometime. Wanted to go to La Paz.

Actually the picture is where I enter the beach at a working Mexican fish camp.

Let me know when you want to go, Im in Scottsdale, AZ about 4 hours away and always up for a beach run. Will be down over President Day weekend:idea:

Oh God I've GOT to get out of here!! :flush:

I really need to take a long trip and as I had big plans to go cross country and then down to 'Old Mexico' not long ago, I sure hope I can make it happen SOON. And your offer is gonna help push me on. Thanks Phil, I will certainly contact you if I can ever get away.

Hmmmm... I just got an unexpected check for $3000.... :hmm:

Naaah, that's just GAS! :crybaby:

Oh God I've GOT to get out of here!! :flush:

I really need to take a long trip and as I had big plans to go cross country and then down to 'Old Mexico' not long ago, I sure hope I can make it happen SOON. And your offer is gonna help push me on. Thanks Phil, I will certainly contact you if I can ever get away.

Hmmmm... I just got an unexpected check for $3000.... :hmm:

Naaah, that's just GAS! :crybaby:

The average man only gets 3000 weekends in a life time to do stuff.....Friday is 4 days away

The average man only gets 3000 weekends in a life time to do stuff.....Friday is 4 days away

Stop tormenting me. :cautious:

Just remember that quote when I show up on your doorstep and Mrs Phil has a list of chores for you to do. o_O

:D

We will try to make it at PINS this spring break. We like Beach Camping, and usually this is the time of the year we are done with cold.

A different type of Beach Camping that i've done in past, Lake Michigan (backpacking, not car camping) and Lake Superior along the UP. Michigan is warm, Superior not so much :).

Stop tormenting me. :cautious:

Just remember that quote when I show up on your doorstep and Mrs Phil has a list of chores for you to do. o_O

:D

Lets put it on the schedule

Meet in Gila Bend next Friday evening, home Sunday night.

We will try to make it at PINS this spring break. We like Beach Camping, and usually this is the time of the year we are done with cold.

A different type of Beach Camping that i've done in past, Lake Michigan (backpacking, not car camping) and Lake Superior along the UP. Michigan is warm, Superior not so much :).

There's a really nice piece of State 4X4 beach near me where every summer weekend there are more college kids than there is anybody else, mostly retiree age fisherman. The majority surf.
The place gets downright crazy with activity on Fri.-Sat nights. Hundreds of trucks streaming in looking for a good place to set up. Then a few beers as we mingle with the nearby parties/groups, with many campfires dotting the shore and burning late into the night/early morning. There's even a live music roadhouse type bar only 5 minutes away. But don't go to bed too late because another 30-50 truckloads of the little darlings will begin showing up before 7AM to surf (those who couldn't spend the night). Saturday night and Sunday are about the same, except Sunday day has a bigger overall turnout.

And a good time was had by all! :)

Last edited:
What does it matter....its not like Im asking you to live there.:flipoff2:

I did not hear from you so Im leading a Super Bowl Sunday run.

Im down on the beach with the wife Feb 17-19 then to the Mexico hot springs March 9-11 then continuing further down Baja for Spring Break. Let me know if you are interested after March 19 Ill go again:beer::steer::smokin:

You can drive on the beach near Cape San Blas Florida near Port St Joe. It’s not cheap for non-gulf county resisdents. I things it’s like $350 for a permit. It’s next to nothing for a resident. Anyhow, I’ve heard of folks camping on the beach there.

Salina Point this weekend in the LX470

Google Maps

7Y6dxWNWJiOMOONFk5ItEpD0HJ7EEXADrFcWvXxvezlCaPJfOj9YhJnVdqwDSzAKVLtIROb6FJN_t27_Na5Q2BKRnL7WbbUCRtK40xTwGBUle61mhRESjSe7OHDHZD3q8XsFHllgaHTjV67Msb20mpx2ifZ4PuC_UpQkMrWp7gyGq6UX-9dbTMfA_JwoiYSbpbtwKFpGYu6djLDQcTqfCvxFTUfpIm9up0sPo1gtgKfSPVU73BEtXNeFzKaO972K_Dvqy87WbtrjnesWzr8ao1NBiwd0_oufAmHUPEx5s7mvyDJcgMR9grBTMBLnNg5WKYZpVGNvMTBfCuhp2l82Dt5_yCK_D439sMVMdZ2DfaUicvEZCs2z0hUWi1lBuCu8WKgc2zHPlnfaR2QNg_4sb4Nbvnrqf5JtO1uZab6O00jFR47H1kTjpJokLUwMQb2otkEnsJ2GF5_dzxkYnL1yj9ZzO5lHIxYKQf6MO5qwhk9P1_uhDqPERRQHWMRHAtECjUI5_zHbXcZgenw2-jqOfC8WzvLvqpiEBw2bEUc86LAuNcvqI8yeCfMKVSCT3V3KW_vfq6XzbTB-t9bFigKldNcrmdGD0ITCc-yUbUj5=w1225-h857-no

Baja is perfect for beach camping.

Dyno
Shhhhhhhh. Shut up.

Folks, Mexico, and Baja in particular, is a dangerous place. Between the corrupt cops, the dangerous roads, murder rate, violence, and the drug gangs, it's not a safe place. There was even a State Department warning recently due to bridge hangings in Cabo. Seriously, don't go. I need the room.

20170312_140205_sm.jpg

And there is no way in F'n Hades I'm gonna tell where this is.

Last edited:
If you want to drive to Long Island next spring there are several beaches open to off roading. You can get your wheels as wet as you'd like, if you want to. Surf fishing, surfing, or just camp out. There's even some guy that comes by with a "fan glider" - one of those fan powered chairs with a parachute up top. Drop me a PM and I'll show you around.
Dude, I've been here on Long Island for decades, there are no ORV areas on the beaches. You can drive on the beach with the proper state fishing permit or surfing permit which are only sold early in the year, or late in the year, or you can fork over big bucks to get a town permit, and none of the beaches allow camping. You are allowed to stay in your vehicle if you are actively fishing, have the permits and licenses, and required gear. No tents, no fires, no sleeping on the beach. The only way to do it legally is to sleep in your vehicle. That is why fisherman go through the trouble of having a truck camper or 4wd RV. Hate to see this dude come all the way up to find out the hard way. And also, no, don't get your wheels wet, not suppose to drive below the high tide line. It's a privilege to be able to get to fishing spots with your vehicle on the beach, many are pushing Albany to eliminate it. Follow the rules or they will just take it away, then I'll have a truck camper to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom