1HD-FTE Crate Motor (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This switch is to trip the ecu in limp mode, I will keep this, and hard wiring into the ignition key barrel. will make for a good security gadget.

015.jpg

If you haven't already done so, you will need the heavy duty front end sheet metal to make a straight 6 fit, unless you push out into the grill.
Yes, I'm planning to keep the the front as is, so I might have to come out alittle in the grille, i'll be running on kenlow slimjim electric fan kit, with abit of luck this will free up some space.

If you haven't already done so, you will need the heavy duty front end sheet metal to make a straight 6 fit, unless you push out into the grill.
Hello Back again,had a busy year,so i only got to do this engine conversion 2 weeks ago... well i managed to put the 1HD FTE engine & gearbox from the 2001 amazon into the LJ78 series landcruiser and got the old 2.4 dirty black pig of an engine out... just a few photos from the first few days of pushing,pulling,kicking & a few sleepless nights... ill put up a few more photos as i dig them up here.

IMG_6743.JPG

IMG_6775.JPG

IMG_6764.JPG

Last edited:
Did you have to do anything to make it fit? I have some questions for you if you have some time!

He mentioned he was going to make a dedicated thread (in the 70 section). I'm also REALLY looking forward to more information. This to me is one of the most impressive swaps I've seen out there. Makes for a pretty wicked ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom