Automatic redirects (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well the past few days all I get when trying to view mud forum it automatically redirects me to this. I disabled java and it has stopped so far.

Screenshot_20180101-192357.png

Screenshot_20180101-192616.png

Screenshot_20180101-192705.png

Been getting these too, they seem to be lessened when logged in. I’ll look into the silver membership.

been getting them for about 6 weeks now.
the ONLY site I get them on is mud

so is the silverstar the way out of this?
does that also disable whatever securuty hole is being exploited by these malicious ads?
If that is the key to secure use here I am fine with that and will buy 1..guess I wasnt paying attention and my silverstar lapsed...

also noticed its loading extremely slow intermittently, like a script running in the background..go check the other forums I use facebook etc and they are fine at the same moment....

Screenshot_20180122-165949.png

been getting them for about 6 weeks now.
the ONLY site I get them on is mud

so is the silverstar the way out of this?
does that also disable whatever securuty hole is being exploited by these malicious ads?
If that is the key to secure use here I am fine with that and will buy 1..guess I wasnt paying attention and my silverstar lapsed...

also noticed its loading extremely slow intermittently, like a script running in the background..go check the other forums I use facebook etc and they are fine at the same moment....

Yes, supporting members see zero ads on mobile.

The issue is being reported continually by hundreds of sites...MUD is certainly not the only target. I've looked into options to prevent it, but the $1500/month invoice is daunting, with no guarantees that it actually works.

There is no security exploit. What you are seeing is a redirect, plain and simple. Those "warnings" are fake, but great scare tactics.

I've not noted page speed/load issues, and I'm on my mobile device constantly. hmmm...

The issue is being reported continually by hundreds of sites...MUD is certainly not the only target. I've looked into options to prevent it, but the $1500/month invoice is daunting, with no guarantees that it actually works.

There is no security exploit. What you are seeing is a redirect, plain and simple. Those "warnings" are fake, but great scare tactics.

I've not noted page speed/load issues, and I'm on my mobile device constantly. hmmm...

ok thanks, incoming star renewal request thingy, not sure when mine lapsed, I havent been paying attention... but renewing now....

I got these on my mobile Safari app a few months ago so bad that they made the site unusable. I downloaded the Ghostery "privacy browser" and it fixed the problem. The app is a little wonky and not as smooth/user friendly as Safari, but it blocks everything. On my Win10 PC, I was getting a similar issue, so I fixed it by blocking cookies/popups from ih8mud.com.

Like others have said, Mud is the only site that I visit that does this for whatever reason (signed in or not signed in). I'm on a dozen or so other Toyota and off-road forums and I've never had an issue with any of them.

Like others have said, Mud is the only site that I visit that does this for whatever reason (signed in or not signed in). I'm on a dozen or so other Toyota and off-road forums and I've never had an issue with any of them.

Those other forums are owned by a big company that owns thousands of other forums....economies of scale, they have a team to chase down problems and funds to hire outside help....MUD has always been a one man band. I do what I can to fix issues like this, but they occasionally plague me as well (I always browse the site at a "guest" level).

Supporting memberships are only $20 per year....ZERO ads on mobile, and only one 728x90 banner on desktop.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/account/upgrades

Those other forums are owned by a big company that owns thousands of other forums....economies of scale, they have a team to chase down problems and funds to hire outside help....MUD has always been a one man band. I do what I can to fix issues like this, but they occasionally plague me as well (I always browse the site at a "guest" level).

Supporting memberships are only $20 per year....ZERO ads on mobile, and only one 728x90 banner on desktop.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/account/upgrades
I can delete my posts now. Fancy!

full

thank you for the support :) There are a number of supporting-only features ;)

Happy to report ZERO ads or pop-ups on mobile Safari now. :cheers:

You’re correct that this isn’t a security exploit, but it is caused by the ad service that you’re using on mud. The auto redirect is embedded in the ads being served on the site. When people are redirected, that page load is pulling all kinds of user data from your members.

Every site does this by the way, but the terrible user experience makes me wonder who’s pulling this data and what they’re doing with it. I’m not sure what ad service you’re using or how much they’re paying, but you might want to call your ad network and get some answers.

Not sure if this is related to discussion, but recently, only on MUD I have been getting this message almost every time i load a page.

nym-1.jpg

MUD is 100% SSL, the issue is likely with your browser or your ISP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom