Builds Project: (Beige) 83 FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well finally got "Dusty" running today!
She spat and farted but I got it going.
Thanks to my friend Bill from
"Bills toy shop" who helped me out and figure out it was one tooth off.
And for him rebuilding my Carb. Had to buy a used dizzy with a working Vacuum advance module. That I bought from a Mud Memeber. Now the truck is dialed in and timed. It's been 4 1/2 years since I last had her running. Replacing the oil pan tomorrow cause she has a bad leak from trying to pry it off. Also ill give it a go around the block tomorrow. Test and see what kinda of leaks arise. Having the celebratory Modelo!
Cheers

don’t bend the pan prying on it. it’ll never seal again. take a 2x4 on the side of the pan and the a bottle jack on the frame and gently increase pressure until it pops free. best way i’ve found to do it. also use a one piece oem gasket and the toyota gasket goo when resealing it. best stuff i’ve ever used for an oil pan. maybe a little more expensive but worth it to me

don’t bend the pan prying on it. it’ll never seal again. take a 2x4 on the side of the pan and the a bottle jack on the frame and gently increase pressure until it pops free. best way i’ve found to do it. also use a one piece oem gasket and the toyota gasket goo when resealing it. best stuff i’ve ever used for an oil pan. maybe a little more expensive but worth it to me
Yes that's what I did is pry it.
So I went ahead and ordered a new pan.
Should be here tomorrow. It was totally sealed and welded on there. I tried the bottle jack method and no progress when I did do it.
It's all good live and learn.
Tomorrow it will have a new oil pan.
Thanks for the input either way.

when's that lift going on?

Got my new front side markers today and replaced my turn signal flasher unit.

IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

Nice to see her up and running! You do fine work.
Scot

Nice to see her up and running! You do fine work.
Scot
Thanks Scot.
It's taken awhile to get where I'm at.
But I been enjoying the slow progress and seeing it come to this point.
Hopefully soon I can drive it down your way.

Was looking at Dusty this weekend and thought hmm I wonder if this burnt and baked paint will buff out and shine.
Welll sure enough I got a polisher and a cutting wheel and cutting compound .
And to my surprise! It did bring back a shine! Here are the results.
I was quite amazed.

IMG_1551.JPG

IMG_1552.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG

Worked on the hood today!
I wet sanded it with 1200 wet/dry sandpaper. Till I felt it somewhat smooth and slick. Still a little high spots but it's much better than what it was. Paint is pretty tough but thin. I have a few burns on it. But oh well it's mine.
Used Meguires professional diamond cut compound 2.0 followed Meguires fine cut cleaner then finished it off with Meguires cleaner wax.
But never the less it shines pretty well.
This truck has come a long way from where it was.

IMG_1571.JPG

image.jpg

Nice to have new parts come in! (Oil pan)
Now to install it.
This time it shouldn't be so difficult seeing that the reason Im replacing the pan is because I bent the old one trying to get it off.
Hopefully no more leaks!!

IMG_1613.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom