Introduction Thread...Who are you, and what do you drive? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a buddy had an 84 in school....the shenanigans that car saw were thankfully well before everyone had a cellphone with a camera in their hands.

@dci blair is a V Dub nut...not sure if it crosses over to Rabbits, though. A friend of mine had a Rabbit in the late 80's and wrecked it. We stripped it and proceeded to cut the body up into manageable chunks to put on the curb for the trash truck. If I recall correctly, it was a diesel...
The dci of @dci blair was a giveaway. Unfortunately I have cut up some VWs over the years. Most not salvageable.
Thank You

a buddy had an 84 in school....the shenanigans that car saw were thankfully well before everyone had a cellphone with a camera in their hands.

I have had in the ball park of 25 VWs and a lot of dumb moves, but looking back they were the good old days.

Welcome aboard! Also in York. Will keep an eye out for your 80.

I daily drive a silver Tundra with a company wrap (Yorklyn Construction) in case you can't figure out who's honking at you.

Welcome aboard! Also in York. Will keep an eye out for your 80.

I daily drive a silver Tundra with a company wrap (Yorklyn Construction) in case you can't figure out who's honking at you.

Sounds good. I have seen you around. I am in Hellam.

Not a rabbit, but was a mk2 which was the next generation. Air cooled and early watercooled was my main interest. My wife has a brand new GTI, she is into the German metal as well.

If you have a mk1 and live in York I’m sure we know some of the same people. I’ve been to mk1 madness every year as my club puts it on, and i live like 30 min from maple grove.

7A948B6F-CE68-48CE-A90E-CBF2B8348008.jpeg

Not a rabbit, but was a mk2 which was the next generation. Air cooled and early watercooled was my main interest. My wife has a brand new GTI, she is into the German metal as well.

If you have a mk1 and live in York I’m sure we know some of the same people. I’ve been to mk1 madness every year as my club puts it on, and i live like 30 min from maple grove.

View attachment 1601395
I am sure we know a lot of the same people. I have been doing the VW thing for 20 years now. I have been to mk1 madness with my old mk1 polo.

@DevWin is that the rt30 bridge from outside of Wrightsville in your avitar?
It is. My fishing grounds.

Not a VW guy, but know a crazy VW guy. Either of you guys know Mike Grady? I think he's the sales manager now at VW of York. Worked with him many years ago and he had a VW tat since he was like 20. I see him posting a lot on FB about older local VWs.

I will be on the lookout for Dev as well. You will see me coming a mile away. I'm also in Wrightsville.

Not a VW guy, but know a crazy VW guy. Either of you guys know Mike Grady? I think he's the sales manager now at VW of York. Worked with him many years ago and he had a VW tat since he was like 20. I see him posting a lot on FB about older local VWs.

I will be on the lookout for Dev as well. You will see me coming a mile away. I'm also in Wrightsville.

Yup, I have known Mike for years.

Sounds like a few Yorkers and in the east end.

Name is familiar but don’t know him personally. I’m sure we have some mutual friends. Spending that long in the dealer world you are bound to cross paths at some point.

I just signed up for the chapter tonight. I drive a 100 series and spend my time in the MD/PA/DE corner of the world. I'm not opposed to driving longer distances for events, and actually got the chance to meet Fireball out in Colorado for HIH7.

I just signed up for the chapter tonight. I drive a 100 series and spend my time in the MD/PA/DE corner of the world. I'm not opposed to driving longer distances for events, and actually got the chance to meet Fireball out in Colorado for HIH7.
Welcome aboard.
Will you be able to get to the annual club Breakfast on the 27th?

Thinking about it. I'd like to meet some folks.

Glad to have you aboard!

Hey guys
I’ll be moving to Lancaster in June. I’m coming from Maine. I drive a 91 FJ80. My first Toyota, long time Rover owner( nothing newer than a 1964 though)
Anyway just looking around for a good group to join to get out in the woods.
I’m not much for pictures but will add one shortly.

Welcome! We have a few members in the Lancaster,York, Harrisburg area. 5 or 6 maybe. We wheel once a month. Every second saturday.

Either aoaa or Rausch creek. We mix it up and do different trails. I think we'e slacking again. It dosent look like anything has been posted. Feel free to post and start somthing for this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom