Moab lodging - Rentals, AirBnB, VRBO, etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Monitoring the Cruise Moab page, it changed this morning showing that registration won't be posted till Mid-February. If you are still on the fence, this will give you some more time to make arrangements. I can only hope it's because they are making this year's event super awesome!
I wont be making the event I will be in Moab the 13th-18th of March.

Ill be up boon docking that week. Hoping for good weather
I’ll be enjoying my shower and real bed in a hotel or air bnb. Let me know if you want to run any trails if we will be there at the same time!

May be worth a drive by to see them. If the weather gets bad or kids start complaining I will grab a hotel room in town but the plan is several nights on BLM somewhere.

If you are set on boon-docking you will be hard pressed within the city and they are strict, BTDT. Easy to see where the city limits are going north just look for a bunch of motorhomes. Going south they hide behind a hill let me know if you want some directions. Most of the time there has been J-johns at these locations. As for getting a room last minute in Moab this past October we tried one night the closest available was 40 miles away and the next night the only room in Moab was $565/night.....we camped

If you are set on boon-docking you will be hard pressed within the city and they are strict, BTDT. Easy to see where the city limits are going north just look for a bunch of motorhomes. Going south they hide behind a hill let me know if you want some directions. Most of the time there has been J-johns at these locations. As for getting a room last minute in Moab this past October we tried one night the closest available was 40 miles away and the next night the only room in Moab was $565/night.....we camped
Interesting. I imagine spring break will be packed. I have been a few times but this will be the first time in my LC. I think we are camping north of town. The folks I am going out with did it last year on BLM land and we are going to try to hit that area. J-johns as in pit toilets?

Interesting. I imagine spring break will be packed. I have been a few times but this will be the first time in my LC. I think we are camping north of town. The folks I am going out with did it last year on BLM land and we are going to try to hit that area. J-johns as in pit toilets?

J-john as in the plastic construction job types. City limits north of town easy to find but lots of exposure and noisy is why I would go south.

Thanks. Ill advise the other members of my party because we will be coming in from the South anyhow. We were thinking the Willow Springs area but really just want a good area to set up a base for a few nights.

Thanks. Ill advise the other members of my party because we will be coming in from the South anyhow. We were thinking the Willow Springs area but really just want a good area to set up a base for a few nights.

Should be fine but Im sure you know you wont be alone. Hope for no rain:)

WOW - haven't seen you around in ages :eek:

:cheers:

Hi Claudia - I have fond memories of the Moab wheeling years with you and your CSC crew. I sold the BJ74 in 2014 to a fellow in Sacramento and imported a low mileage (70,000 miles) 1995 1HDJ-FT diesel (i.e. 80 series) from Japan - its getting an intercooler, EGR delete and Gturbo just now. This May we are planning a 3 week trip through Southern Utah/Arizona starting at Toroweep, Vermillion Cliffs NM, Grand Staircase, HITR road (hike slot canyons), etc.,etc., and making our way over Moab, then Nine Mile Canyon, if time.

Hi Glenn, that sounds like an amazing trip. Jealous. Enjoy!!!

Just a quick update, the official camp grounds for CM18 have changed. They are moving the show over to the Kane Creek Campground in case anyone was thinking of booking Slick Rock. Registration still pending. I did reserve a couple of rooms in town since I don't think we'll have a group size cost effect to rent a VRBO.

Hi Claudia - I have fond memories of the Moab wheeling years with you and your CSC crew. I sold the BJ74 in 2014 to a fellow in Sacramento and imported a low mileage (70,000 miles) 1995 1HDJ-FT diesel (i.e. 80 series) from Japan - its getting an intercooler, EGR delete and Gturbo just now. This May we are planning a 3 week trip through Southern Utah/Arizona starting at Toroweep, Vermillion Cliffs NM, Grand Staircase, HITR road (hike slot canyons), etc.,etc., and making our way over Moab, then Nine Mile Canyon, if time.

cool :cool:

we got a '93 80 by now and a '97 LX450 :D - this coming weekend we'll be driving the 80 to Arizona - so yes, we will be open to tours over the summer, keep us posted on your plans :cheers: Claudia

Yes I love the 80 series platform - very easy to wheel as compared to the 70 series.
Maybe we can coordinate something in 2019 - we are a small group (5 rigs) who head down every year in May

I am considering back up plans for Saturday in case or intended spot is full. How far off of the main road is the area you are talking about? Any shade?

I am considering back up plans for Saturday in case or intended spot is full. How far off of the main road is the area you are talking about? Any shade?

Couple hundred yards, just look for motor homes. The area south of town has shade but not a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom