Winter Event February 16th-19th, This year in Fort McMurray (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could be some road travel for sure. You could also trailer your rig to a trail head each day. I’ve done both before.... in an ag tired sammy

I have a Jeep guy too that wants to come. What’s the word

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
ACTION ACTION ACTION
OK folks here is the down low. Accommodations are booked. We can now start collecting fees for this years event.

Details:
To confirm your seat, accommodation and meals for this root tootin time please send tylerarnott@hotmail.com an email money transfer. Costs for this years event are the same as the last 2 years. 200 Canadian pesos gets you 3 nights accommodations and 3 square meals for the Saturday and Sunday. It also allows you access to the big raffle on Sunday night. But wait..... what if I'm a lonely lubricator living luxuriously in Fort McMurray and don't need no stinking hotel. Well for that my friend we can accommodate. We'll need 75 smackers for the same treatment less the bed to rest your head. Otherwise the 200 should be paid for anyone else joining shotgun as well.

Role Call:
Tyler and Charla hj47
Steve and Amanda and the kiddos 4runner or hdj81 loaner
Jason Bergen and Kiddos hdj81
Leo and his unknown copilot FZJ80
Larry bj70?
Peter bj42
Craig + Marc hdj81
Paul Solash.... yes that Paul FJ40 FTW
Mike Salmon in a vehicle that he gets to drive this year!!!
Awl Teq Kevin and Jackson BJ42
Brandon Bouyd? In a minitruck one ton swapped.
Cowboy Bryan = Taco
Dean Price = Fluffy BJ74
Jeep guy in a Cherokee I believe.
Erik +1 FZJ80
Kevin Mantoani Bj60
Who am I missing. Whats the call on breaking the sanctity of our toyota event for the lonely non toyota jeeper. I'm good either way.

Last edited:
Trailer parking should be plentiful where we are for those among us who are into that sorta thing or whatever.

On the Jeep,

I think if this person is a friend and guest of Dean's I say we allow a Jeep to come, as an exception, but not a rule. Bottom line, we are a group of friends first, and a friend of a friend is welcome.

It's a tricky situation because we're a TLC club, so we should be sticking to Toyota vehicles; and exceptions could become slippery slopes, what next a NISSAN PATROL?! THE HORROR ;) - JOKES. I think as long as we bill the event for TLC, we can discuss exceptions as they arise, if they arise in the future.

I am of the opinion the Jeep can come and show us that I-6 engine I'm so fond of.

ok as Leo says.... Jeep guy is in.

By any chance does the name of the "lonely lubricator living luxuriously" begin with an "L"? Because that could be LEO!

Totally jealous. Looks like a great group, and I imagine running the skeggy country is fun in the winter. :)

If it eases the view, maybe the Jeeper should sport a zip-tied Toyota badge for the weekend?

Lonely Lubricators of the OCC? Spin-off club?

For this event I will have "new" tires and if the stars align, and I mean really align, a "new" winch.

IMG_20171215_1537459.jpg

IMG_20180115_1145555.jpg

For this event I will have "new" tires and if the stars align, and I mean really align, a "new" winch.

I would say good recovery points are more important than the winch. IF you haven't put any recovery points on since I saw you last, then you ABSOLUTELY need to sort that out as the ones that were on there were barely on there and REALLY dangerous.

So Tyler, $200/per person, even if we are sharing a room?

My thoughts on the Jeep (for what it's worth), I don't really care what you drive as long as it will be reliable. If you like going into the bush and aren't a total ass, come on out! :)

I would say good recovery points are more important than the winch. IF you haven't put any recovery points on since I saw you last, then you ABSOLUTELY need to sort that out as the ones that were on there were barely on there and REALLY dangerous.

My thoughts on the Jeep (for what it's worth), I don't really care what you drive as long as it will be reliable. If you like going into the bush and aren't a total ass, come on out! :)

yup $200 a person even if you share.

Dangerous recovery points are dangerous, even solid ones can end badly. I know this because I often get videos from South America and the Middle east of a broken strap leading to a clevis to the face.

Cost for the event is actually close to 340 per person. We charge 200 cause we’re so nice. You and I are in the same boat as well have our own room for two adults. Your missus won’t have to share with anyone but you. I didn’t want to make a 3rd teir price for couples sharing a room was all. Complicated logistics.

Hey all, the Jeep guy here, I certainly don't want to step on any Toyota toes, just looking to get some use out of my rig. The Bambino has
talked up your events many times, sounds like a blast. If I had been better informed would have probably went the Toyota way, but the price was right and first rig to boot, so total newbie as well, so probably some good entertainment value as well.

Cost for the event is actually close to 340 per person. We charge 200 cause we’re so nice. You and I are in the same boat as well have our own room for two adults. Your missus won’t have to share with anyone but you. I didn’t want to make a 3rd teir price for couples sharing a room was all. Complicated logistics.

Makes sense to me. Will have the cash to you shortly from my wife's email.

Hey all, the Jeep guy here, I certainly don't want to step on any Toyota toes, just looking to get some use out of my rig. The Bambino has
talked up your events many times, sounds like a blast. If I had been better informed would have probably went the Toyota way, but the price was right and first rig to boot, so total newbie as well, so probably some good entertainment value as well.

ah s*** man jump in, no toes to be stepped on.

No stepping on toes, I’m a reformed Jeep guy myself.

I would recommend tires with tread and good recovery points.

If I go I can’t wait to see what this Jeep Compass can do on the trails - come on first Jeep joke!!

But seriously no Nissan Patrols ;)

Enteries are coming in. Thanks everyone for securing your spot!

Oh we have a name:
The Winter Underlander

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom