Broken Radiator Fan... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed today that one of the fins on my radiator cooling fan were gone. Don't know how long its been broken, is this something that should be replaced ASAP or should it be fine with 7 of the 8 fins. Any cheaper fans work? All the replacments are ridiculously overpriced ‍♂️
Thanks ahead of time!

If one broke, others may, blades coming off at speed can be very destructive, I would replace ASAP. What kinda car do you have?

I noticed today that one of the fins on my radiator cooling fan were gone. Don't know how long its been broken, is this something that should be replaced ASAP or should it be fine with 7 of the 8 fins. Any cheaper fans work? All the replacments are ridiculously overpriced ‍♂️
Thanks ahead of time!

I suppose everyone has a different idea of what 'overpriced' is....but a new Aisin from Rock Auto is all of $38.00

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...276646,cooling+system,radiator+fan+blade,6808

And yes, it would be prudent to check for any damage that may have occurred when you lost one of the blades on the original.

I'm guessing it must be vibrating quite a bit as well given that the fan assembly will now be unbalanced. I doubt if that will help the water pump much. Another vote for changing it ASAP.

I'd check the inside surface of the radiator and make sure there was no contact as well. If there is contact, you'd want to replace radiator and engine mounts as well. If not, then sounds like it may have just broke due to fatigue.

I'd check the inside surface of the radiator and make sure there was no contact as well. If there is contact, you'd want to replace radiator and engine mounts as well. If not, then sounds like it may have just broke due to fatigue.
I checked it out and the only damage I could spot was a chip in the top of the shroud. May just be super brittle old fan. Just had a rebuilt engine put in so i would hope the mechanic was smart enough to make shure the mounts were solid. Im still trying to become more mechanically inclined by fixing the little stuff. I figure replacing the engine and radiator mounts would require a good amount of work?

Here is a picture, havent posted on here much so trying to learn
A1B8ED0D-3BEE-4512-BD19-80511F84F740.png
Also check with @slow95z and @arcteryx fir used units.

Don't run it with a blade missing or it will most likely grenade due to out of balance.

Post up in the club house section, 406cruisers. There is a parts thread. Some one may have one. Also membership in 406cruisers gets you 15-20% off parts at ressler.

The fan may have cracks radiating from the centre outwards, the blades can fly off and hit the rad, the VC can rarely seize resulting in high fan speeds and perhaps aggravating the problem or, done any water wading, that can damage the fan?

Regards

Dave

The fan may have cracks radiating from the centre outwards, the blades can fly off and hit the rad, the VC can rarely seize resulting in high fan speeds and perhaps aggravating the problem or, done any water wading, that can damage the fan?

Regards

Dave
Never taken it through any deep water...but i am the 3rd owner. I know as warm as it always is under the hood it has to be hard on plastics and rubber

Plastic fans don't last forever, after a couple of decades should be occasionally inspected and replaced when needed.

just break another blade off opposite the broken one then it will balance out , it's a 3fe it will be fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom