Snow Wheeling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dumpolina

SILVER Star
Threads
550 at the continental divide, 2:15 Thursday

NM550.jpg

not super promising but maybe

Anyone interested in another snow run attempt?
I MIGHT trailer the 4Runner up north of Cuba on Saturday but need to be back by 4 so gotta start early.
I'd like to find some deepish stuff.

Stupid jobs... Have fun and post pics!

I'd love to go, but i can only do afternoon/evening as I'm busy in the morning till about 11:30.

I'm out. I have to take 35 Boy Scouts and 10 adults down to NM Tech for a weekend of fun and adventure, blowing stuff up, playing dodgeball till midnight and getting no sleep.

Sounds like fun, but booked with search and rescue stuff all morning.

Maybe Marc will post up some pictures of "blowing stuff up"! That sounds like a good way to get a bunch of teenagers interested in a career in science/engineering!

550 at the continental divide, 2:15 Thursday

View attachment 1608543

not super promising but maybe

Anyone interested in another snow run attempt?
I MIGHT trailer the 4Runner up north of Cuba on Saturday but need to be back by 4 so gotta start early.
I'd like to find some deepish stuff.
too much going on for me. let us know if you find any snow!

Went up 144 from the Espanola side. There was around 4 inches in the shade at 10900 feet.

Not a lot of coverage. Still a good day seeing places I never saw'n before.
No humans and lots of awesome NM skies - sure re-sets my mind
Next weekend maybe Carson

IMG_3449small.jpg

IMG_3463small.jpg

IMG_3473small.jpg

I'm out. I have to take 35 Boy Scouts and 10 adults down to NM Tech for a weekend of fun and adventure, blowing stuff up, playing dodgeball till midnight and getting no sleep.

THAT sounds like a whole lotta fun! I fear for our future a little less knowing things like this still go on - thanks for carrying that torch, Marc!

Sounds like fun, but booked with search and rescue stuff all morning.

Maybe Marc will post up some pictures of "blowing stuff up"! That sounds like a good way to get a bunch of teenagers interested in a career in science/engineering!
First, we weren't allowed to bring our phones out of the cars for sensitivity reasons. Second, I got stuck transporting scouts that couldn't leave early enough for the demo. On the bright side, the Hundy performed flawlessly in its usual role as a mini-van, hauling as many as 7 smelly, noisy boy scouts and one very tired and annoyed Scoutmaster. FWIW, the people that went said it was cool. They detonated 50 pounds of ANFO with a long enough fuse that you could watch the initiation travel up the fuse before igniting the ANFO. They did it at dusk which improved the viewing experience of the fireball.

THAT sounds like a whole lotta fun! I fear for our future a little less knowing things like this still go on - thanks for carrying that torch, Marc!
The fire of my torch is burning pretty dim right now. I've been a Scout leader for 11 years, since my son joined Tiger Cubs. He's 16 now and very close to finishing his Eagle Scout. I'm a proud dad and Eagle Scout myself but I'm tired and ready to retire from Scouting. It was really awesome when I had a couple different scout tell me they were really having a blast and thanked me for organizing the trip. It made up for the weeks of planning, organizing, buying food, feeding 45 people and herding cats for 2 days.

He's 16 now and very close to finishing his Eagle Scout. I'm a proud dad and Eagle Scout myself ...

You should feel proud. That is a huge accomplishment for you and your boy. Especially at 16.

You should feel proud. That is a huge accomplishment for you and your boy. Especially at 16.
I give all the credit to Danise. She has been the MOTIVATOR for both of us. If we left it up to him, he would have quit Scouts years ago. But we have really worked hard to get him to understand the value of setting goals and working diligently toward those goals, even when the task seems insurmountable. I'm hoping he learns the lesson from earning his Eagle Scout and applies it to future life experiences, like education, training, careers, relationships. Ultimately, he is his own person and he will be an 'adult' in 18 months. I can only show him the way to adulthood. He has to choose his own path once he gets there.

I'm hoping he learns the lesson from earning his Eagle Scout and applies it to future life experiences, like education, training, careers, relationships.
I'm not an Eagle Scout, but I know several. Without exception, every single one is proud of that accomplishment in their adulthood.

Giving this a try again. I’ll tow the 4Runner up north if Cuba tomorrow (Sunday 1/21). Planning to be in Cuba by 9, gotta be back by 4:30.
Interested? Best to Message me before 10pm tonight.
Weather could be cold n windy.

THIS is how its supposed to be!
4Runner did great. Towpig is a flatlander, does not like snow. In the end neither left me stranded so good a day!

IMG_3499small.jpg

IMG_3510small.jpg

IMG_3504small.jpg

IMG_3517.JPG

Does it look stuck? It nearly is. I'm shocked at the lack of traction.
It may be the mickey thompsons. With the tongue weight it has, though, this thing should do better even with street tires
IMG_3489small.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom