60s of Bay Area, Santa Cruz, Monterey and sourrounding areas (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrK

Threads
Fellow 60/62 owners, it seems to me that there is really no active club in our vicinity of Southern Bay Area all the way down to Monterey Bay/Carmel area. Would like to put one together and set up a local network/events. Please respond if you are interested.

Most people are trying to get out and you are moving in? Did you hit your head?
You can count me out unless there is naked women involved. :rofl:

Before I forget Welcome to Mudsanity, you may now open your wallet.

Most people are trying to get out and you are moving in? Did you hit your head?
You can count me out unless there is naked women involved. :rofl:

Before I forget Welcome to Mudsanity, you may now open your wallet.

No, I go where my job tells me to go. For now I will gladly enjoy crashing waves and sunshine with the fam as long as it’s paid for. No naked women just beer and good food.

I'm in too; west side of Santa Cruz.

Pti Bleu, my FJ60 83, in its elements for Thanksgiving when we wheeled, with my family, Slick Rock, Corral Hollow, Mattley Ridge, etc. Was fun to camp at the summit for few days ... until they announced 70+MPH gusts over the ridges! That is when we moved to Mattley Ridge and below to be more protected :)

Slick-Rock-Corral-Hollow.jpg

On a serious note I think Pacific Mountain Cruisers are the only group in the greater Bay Area that I know that have a large group of cruiser owners. Unless you want to start a 60 series group only. Glad to hear you are hear for work and staying in one of the nicest place along the coast.

On a serious note I think Pacific Mountain Cruisers are the only group in the greater Bay Area that I know that have a large group of cruiser owners. Unless you want to start a 60 series group only. Glad to hear you are hear for work and staying in one of the nicest place along the coast.
I feel like a large group of cruisers in Santa Cruz and Monterey are cutoff pacific mountain cruisers. Maybe I am wrong but i met a guy with a cruiser out here who doesn’t even know about mud. If there is big enough of a turnout I wouldn’t mind making it official an official club/chapter.

MTA (Mointain Transit Authority Home) is in San Jose and closest to us than Pacific Mountain Cruisers which is in Santa Rosa.
But MTA seems to be a rock crawler club as from the photos all their rigs seems to be at least on 37s and they run Rubicon, Fordyce, etc.

MTA (Mointain Transit Authority Home) is in San Jose and closest to us than Pacific Mountain Cruisers which is in Santa Rosa.
But MTA seems to be a rock crawler club as from the photos all their rigs seems to be at least on 37s and they run Rubicon, Fordyce, etc.
MTA is not a legit cruiser club nor do they respond to posts or emails. Plus I’m not trying to have Jeeps in the club. The goal is to reconnect with others 60s/exchange parts/experience/cruise and drink good beer

If anyone knows a good coffee place in Santa Cruz with a good amount of parking please let me know.

Last edited:
First meet up(cars and coffee) will be next Saturday 20 Jan 18 at 9:00am. Location: 19 Rancho Del Mar # A, Aptos, CA 95003 (Aptos Coffee Roasting Company). Rain or shine please be there since its first meet. Try to park as close to each other as possible. If you see other 60/62s tell them about it or leave them a post-it with this info.

Awesome guys, have fun. I lived in Watsonville for the past 5 years but recently moved. Would have loved to have been part of this.
Boooo, jk. Thank you checking out the thread. if you know anyone still out here please pass on the word.

I will try to be there as well

Reactions: MrK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom