New member from Bulgaria (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome! Is it auto or manual? Interior pics would be great as well.

Glad to have you! Post some pics of your truck in Bulgarian nature settings in the photo thread!

Thanks for making me feel welcome, 2001LC and abuck99:)

I'll inspect the areas above the spare tire and undercarriage as soon as the weather allows.
No dipstick for transmission here.
Could you please let me know which is the black plastic intake looking at the pictures below?
My VIN# is JTEHT05J902092706 so I presume the engine is VVTi.

The contraption in question is a WEBASTO GASOLINE HEATER -- a very useful extra for the minus 20 Centigrade (-4 Fahrenheit) winters over here. It comes with a preset time control unit and a remote on/off switch to activate it while you are still in your warm bed;) And, yes, abuck99, the two items are part of the same gadget.

Webasto Petrol Gasoline Heater Air Top 2000 STC | 9032227A | 4114674A

It's more like 9 ticks on the AHC and the ride is a dream. Do I waste money on a flush or wait until globes drop dead to replace them??? The AHC system is indispensable to us as my 70-years old wife has difficulty jumping inside unless the truck is in L. Please advise!

I have read all PADDO's posts on AHC problems and maintenance but it's all too complex for me and I need more time&technical brains:confused: to educate myself on the subject.

20180112_110717.jpg

20180112_110548.jpg

20180113_101807.jpg

Thanks uzj100 and e999:)

Truck is 5-speed auto.
I'll post some interior and Bulgarian nature pics asap but her is a taster with my previous rig:

14834752.jpg

The intake manifold can be easily seen with plastic engine cover removed.
026.JPG

Other components are the larger timing belt cam cover to accommodate the VVT actuator. There's a sticker on the DS (Left) cover that if still intact will also notify you it's a VVt

Pre VVT intake are aluminium:
Z 01 LX470 day Starter, wire splice & intake installed 3-22-16 091.JPG

Also there is control valve that's on front end of each head covers.
093.JPG
022.JPG

Thanks. I see you have a 06 LC too with only 58K and CLEAN!!!:cool:

Thanks. I see you have a 06 LC too with only 58K and CLEAN!!!:cool:
Had! I need to update my signature, as I sold The Black Knight to a local mud member monday. It was the cleanest I'd ever seen, was hard to let it go.

You may find The Redbron and Snowy threads very helpful especially if you do have the VVT-i. I'll be redesigning my signature to include new links which means removing some, as I've reached the limit of 4 links. So I linked you here.

I do have a 2007 Unicorn, with blown engine I'll be writing up soon. Not many 2007 in USA, sales records indicate they had least number of all 100 series imported here. So a 2007 Unicorn is the rarest of Unicorn's;)

In the lower 48 of USA a 03-07LC No NAV is very rare. It's climate control is a total independent unit. This is why some asked you to post picture of your console.
014 a.jpg

My Unicorn with updated radio and backup camera.
015 a.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool to see an 06 with rear heat only vs rear climate control and no sun roof. ;)

In Switzerland, where I bought it, the car is specified as Toyota Land Cruiser 500 Linea Sol. Anyone know what is the difference, if any?

ScanImage002.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom