New FZJ80 Owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to introduce myself and my new-to-me 97 fzj80 collector edition with 173k miles. Always wanted one of these and today I got to drive my very own for the first time. Looking forward to a new car adventure... and to learning more about it here.

Once I smog it and get an alignment (seems to really need one) I want to take it on an easy trail.

Javier

20180112_163944.jpg

looks right at home in that mall parking lot
In order to properly navigate that type of terrain, the first step should be securing a quality cup holder. @bhicks has suitable units for good prices and you can say you are a modern man with its cool 3D printed design.

Seriously though, nice looking rig! I would take a look at the front axle situation before assuming it's just an alignment that is needed. At that mileage, it's probably due for front axle job. If it clicks when you have the wheel pinned to either side and have your foot on the gas, it it's probably time. There isn't all that much to align on these trucks so it could also be a steering box issue.

Nice score!

I agree with the above statement, and would add PM, PM, PM!!!! Check out the FAQ section and get comfortable with the site there is a ton of great info and people!

Welcome!

Thanks for the tips. Luckily it already comes with one cup holder, so my latte is safe.

Previous owner had front axle rebuilt so hopefully that's not the issue. Excuse my ignorance, but what is "PM?"

Preventative maintenance.

Congrats. Looks like a clean ride.

Thanks! On the PM subject, anyone know a good LC mechanic in San Diego?

nice ride,i almost snagged a 97 40th but the price wasn't right so i have a 94.
even in an unmodified form its a beast and needs to be ridden.....ridden hard and if the toyota engineers you'll put it away wet(T.E.R.P)

Looks very clean! I like it. You need to not just drive it, mistreat it! Thats how toyota would market their vehicles in other countries back in the day!

Thanks for the plug. @niche if you need cup holders just let me know or take a look at the link in my sig below. BTW. That is one clean rig. Looks like it's going to be a nice platform to build on. If you ever come up on the San Berdu mountains for some wheelin then hit me up and I can show you the trails

Just wanted to introduce myself and my new-to-me 97 fzj80 collector edition with 173k miles. Always wanted one of these and today I got to drive my very own for the first time. Looking forward to a new car adventure... and to learning more about it here.

Once I smog it and get an alignment (seems to really need one) I want to take it on an easy trail.

Javier

View attachment 1609825

Beautiful truck!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice rig and welcome to the forum.

When I park at the mall I always try and put one wheel over the curb in the mulch or perched on top of the concrete stops ... just to show the Jeeps what's up.

Thanks! On the PM subject, anyone know a good LC mechanic in San Diego?

Yourself. Buy the FSM and a toolset or you will quickly go broke paying someone to work on your rig.

^^ what he said. You will enjoy working on it and learning about how your rig works. That is just as fun as driving it!

Welcome ! Your new found, totally delinquent extended family is now at your disposal.

Happy times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom