What to do with 3rd row seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrCWineMan

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.tinsheets.com
I’m officially stumped: I’ve pulled my 3rd row seats for drawers. I then put my third row up on the classifieds here but nothing. Checked eBay, not selling any that I can tell. What should I do with these things? They are taking up valuable space, and I certainly don’t need them. All suggestions welcome - bonus points for viable or creative solutions.

:)

fb757d819882cf3cdd620ad3c3fd5d6c.jpg

Mine are down in my crawlspace deep storage, on a pallet, inside plastic bags. They'll go back in when I sell the truck someday.

I'm doing what @Swampmonger has done. I may put them back in if I ever sell the LC. The only person who may want them would be someone who purchased a used LC that had had the 3rd row removed and not replaced.

Store, save for resale value when you sell the car.

I had to get a state inspection and had to put them back in to pass because of the seatbelts still in place. This will vary by state.

Last edited:
Well that's pretty ridiculous. I can see if it was the opposite, you removed the belts but not the seats. But the other way around makes no sense.

Are there any sensors to worry about when taking out the third row seating? I drive a 2016 LC if answers vary by model year.

Store, save for resale value when you sell the car.

Drawers are staying in the car forever as far as I’m concerned. Actually I plan on owning it until it dies anyway so keeping for resale is not important for me. Fortunately CO does not have inspections, so that too is a non-issue.

Occasionally people on here are looking for a set. Maybe bring them to the meet up this summer if someone want them. Or, if they bother you that much, toss them in the bin. Or set them on fire.

Burning things is cathartic

My 3rd row seats live next to the running boards and 20s in the basement.

What is this basement thing you speak of? My running boards already have another home in the sky (or another Mud member, whatever).

What is this basement thing you speak of? My running boards already have another home in the sky (or another Mud member, whatever).
Sorry- east coast thing! dig the foundation an extra 10 feet deep and then put the house over it, suitable for storing many things you will never, ever use again!

Last edited:
I had to get a state inspection and had to put them back in to pass because of the seatbelts still in place. This will vary by state.

Not to get too off topic, but really? I knew Maryland was bad (used to live in Takoma Park) but didn’t realize it was that bad.

Attic storage or crawl space storage works as long as there’s no mice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom