Should I Get a 200?! (1 Viewer)

Get a 200 or No?!

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The family is growing and I need more room in the wife's vehicle and a little more luxury wouldn't hurt... She has a '11 4Runner Limited 4WD that she really has liked and I have a 100 series that I absolutely love. So the question is, get a newer 4Runner with third row or bite the bullet and get a '13 or newer 200 Series? Are they as tough as a 100? Any issues with the 5.7L? Anything I need to look out for when inspecting these rigs? Thanks in advance for your help!!

This is like walking into an Apple store and asking whether you should get an iPhone or Android. I think you'll hear from a lot of people in your exact situation that moved from 4R to 200 and never looked back.

It all depends on what you're looking for in a family hauler. Of course the LC is capable to handle what you're likely to need it for, people all over the world use it for far more utility. For some, perhaps a Highlander would suffice. For others, maybe a Sequoia if you were to stay in the Toyota family.

Of course we think that the 200 is a great vehicle, we all bought one ;)

Yes 200, but.....whenever I see "growing family" as the primary reason for new vehicle, I think minivan. Those sold today are a marvel of comfort, utility, safety, efficiency, and ergonomics. They are great for family hauling duty. If you have other reasons for a new vehicle, then factor those in, but at least give a newer Sienna a serious look. If you have to have AWD, then a 3-row Highlander is also outstanding for family duty. If you haven't driven on lately, you'd be amazed. And the top Highlander/Sienna models are very luxurious. Okay, blasphemy over, get a 200. :bounce:

Yes 200, but.....whenever I see "growing family" as the primary reason for new vehicle, I think minivan. Those sold today are a marvel of comfort, utility, safety, efficiency, and ergonomics. They are great for family hauling duty. If you have other reasons for a new vehicle, then factor those in, but at least give a newer Sienna a serious look. If you have to have AWD, then a 3-row Highlander is also outstanding for family duty. If you haven't driven on lately, you'd be amazed. And the top Highlander/Sienna models are very luxurious. Okay, blasphemy over, get a 200. :bounce:
Yeah, I was about to puke with all the minivan talk, Hell No!! The wife will never drive a minivan, thank god.

sooooooo, anything I should lookout for with the 5.7?

2nd that, I have a 80, 100, 201 and a Sienna. For hauling kids and family around daily the Sienna is the vehicle of choice no doubt. It is so easy for kids to get in and out with its low floor. Plenty of space even with 3rd row up. Handling is much better than SUV, way better gas mileage than 200. And the new Limited edition is quite nice and all Sienna is quite.

Bring your wife and test drive one.

That being said, I enjoy driving my 201 the most! Refinement and ML system is err.......awesome!!

The family is growing and I need more room in the wife's vehicle and a little more luxury wouldn't hurt... She has a '11 4Runner Limited 4WD that she really has liked and I have a 100 series that I absolutely love. So the question is, get a newer 4Runner with third row or bite the bullet and get a '13 or newer 200 Series? Are they as tough as a 100? Any issues with the 5.7L? Anything I need to look out for when inspecting these rigs? Thanks in advance for your help!!

We are a family of 6, w/ my kiddos being all boys, ages 9, 6, 4, & 2. We had a 2011 Sienna SE and loved it, but w/ the youngest almost being out of the stroller stage, my wife wanted something different.

I have a 2017 T4R TRD-off road and she likes the fit and finish. We looked at the Sequoia but honestly it was a little too big and we wanted her new car to have no issue fitting into the garage. We also drove the new disco but we ended up going w/ the LC200 as it has the reliability we were after and the disco was too "pretty", whereas the LC is more understated, which we preferred.

Going from the Sienna to the LC, I do miss some of the compartments and my wife did say it's an adjustment getting the youngest in his rear facing seat but so far she has zero regrets and she is pleased w/ the amount of cargo room she has when all 3 rows are being used.

When I retire from the Army in 4 years, we want to tackle the trans-american trail, or at least most of it, as a family. This was also our main reason for getting the LC.

If you're not out of the bulky carseat, stroller stage, I'd consider the Sequoia.

Good luck,

-Chris

Yea I don't get the hate for minivans either. All LC200 enthusiasts can certainly appreciate the purpose built design of the 200, and the focused design mission of a minivan is of the same vien. They serve a purpose just as a 200 service its purpose.

Had a 2014 runner for last four years. Last week bought 2015 LC . Night and day. I didn’t know what I was missing. Runner has been sold.

We both love our 200. I say you ought to get one.

As your doctor... I believe the answer you seek is in imbedded the question you are posing...

It's ok... get the 200 and never look back...

I’ve been through four 4-runners (1994,1996,2008,2010) while I loved them all, I’d never go back to it after driving the land cruiser, it’s not even close. YES you should get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom