JAN ROTM: Rug Road > Turkey Creek Jan 13-14 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks to Jackson @medtro for the loan of a chainsaw for this weekends run and camp at Turkey creek. A little bit of clean up and fresh fuel mixed and away we go.

I have a Homelite and Craftsman (Poulan) chainsaws. I know the Craftsman needs a new pull cord. Think the Homelite just could use a tune-up. Neither worked well at 7,000' and when your cutting wood by the cord wanted a better saw so paid the price and bought a Stihl. Brought the other two back to the valley and free to anyone who wants one or both. They both have molded cases. Believe they are 18" blades.

I know Alvis is going. Brown Steve , AKA Cowboy Steve, is not going to make it.

Anyone else know of possible attendees, it will help Murf make sure we are not leaving someone behind.

For campers only, the route down from Phoenix or around from Tucson will take time, plan accordingly. The crew running from Mammouth will likely get to camp about 4pm if all goes well.

I'm already regretting saying I won't go. I'm thinking about taking the alternate route in and not pushing things too much - still need to get the 100 sorted out but surely it can wait another couple of days :)

@brices123 -are you still planning on heading in from the east?

I'm already regretting saying I won't go. I'm thinking about taking the alternate route in and not pushing things too much - still need to get the 100 sorted out but surely it can wait another couple of days :)

@brices123 -are you still planning on heading in from the east?

I think @Wilma83 was thinking about coming in the Klondike route as was @Otter but since they both have small children they are always a maybe.

@Otter @Wilma83 @D_Web Tina and I plan on leaving Phoenix around noon on Friday. I anticipate arrival at the campsite 4:00ish? @Wilma83 @D_Web, we can meet you in Globe (if you take the northern route) or in Klondyke (if you take the southern route). Check your maps and let me know.
6 zero 2 6 seven 9 zero 9 four 6 is my mobile.

@Otter @Wilma83 @D_Web Tina and I plan on leaving Phoenix around noon on Friday. I anticipate arrival at the campsite 4:00ish? @Wilma83 @D_Web, we can meet you in Globe (if you take the northern route) or in Klondyke (if you take the southern route). Check your maps and let me know.

Copy that. We can't leave until Saturday morning, so might need some help getting to the camp site.

It is very simple to find.

The 60 east to Globe, take the 70 south east out of Globe. Turn south (right) onto W Klondyke Road, go 25 miles on the dirt road and turn west (right) at the T in the road onto W Klondyke Road. Go 7.7 miles to Klondyke and then keep going into Arivaipa Canyon. There is only one way in and we will be camping on that route. The GPS coordinates for the camping site are: N32° 52.598' W110° 26.186' The elevation is 3,005 feet.
If you use Google Maps you can get directions by typing in Klondyke Ariozona. That will get you to the start of the canyon.

I have attached a couple of files from my Gaia GPS from last year. These were made when we did the route from Mammoth, but if you search for the "camping" waypoint, you will see were we will be.

Attachments

• Rug Road to Arivaipa Canyon to Klondyke.gpx
    344.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Rug Road to Arivaipa Canyon to Klondyke.kml
    106.1 KB · Views: 180

Brice, I will go with you on Friday, drag my trailer and camp that night. Get up early, go around to Mammouth for the 0900 departure from Circle K. This will give me two nights, I can help Funner with his trailer on the route and I will already have my camp set up.

Looking forward to returning to a great campsite and a very fun trail.

Thanks for the directions, I'll likely head out on Saturday and take the I-10 down to Willcox and then up to Klondyke.

Anyone have a spare front axle outer snap ring or two they can bring on the run?

I'm replacing Warn hubs with Aisins - and the Aisin hubs need snap rings instead of bolts & washers.

I found out that the snap rings I had are for my old FJ40 axles and are too small to fit my Longfield axles.

I managed to stretch one out enough to seat, but it is only making contact in three places and will surely fail. I don't really want to reinstall the Warn as it is cracked.

Toyota Part No.: 90520-31007
RING, SNAP

Anyone have a spare front axle outer snap ring or two they can bring on the run?

I'm replacing Warn hubs with Aisins - and the Aisin hubs need snap rings instead of bolts & washers.

I found out that the snap rings I had are for my old FJ40 axles and are too small to fit my Longfield axles.

I managed to stretch one out enough to seat, but it is only making contact in three places and will surely fail. I don't really want to reinstall the Warn as it is cracked.

Toyota Part No.: 90520-31007
RING, SNAP

@murf can you bring a couple of these for Steve, I will pay for them.

@murf can you bring a couple of these for Steve, I will pay for them.
Thanks Steve:cheers:

I hadn't thought about the Camelback Connection.

Looks Like I can do a locking hub swap demonstration at camp :wrench::banana::wrench:

Consider it done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom