To buy or not? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm the FNG here; however, I have been reading my fair share. Trying to get some general advice on whether to pull the trigger on this vehicle. Everything seems to check out except the miles and price are a little higher than I wanted. Getting ready to get an inspection now.

Info
2006 LC 170K miles asking $21K

Pros: meticulous maintenance (vehicle belonged to the Toyota dealership owner's daughter) No AHC, no rear spoiler, 170K miles, minimal blemishes inside and out, pristine for the year, undercarriage is clean / no rust, timing belt and water pump done.

Cons: Miles associated with asking price and fender flares (yes, and I will attempt to lower the price)

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Price seems high to me. Can get an LX with those miles is about $17k. I just bought my latest immaculate ‘06 LX with little over 200k miles and brand new timing belt service for $11,500

Price seems a bit high to me as well. $18-19k seems about right IMHO.

Last edited:
I'm the FNG here; however, I have been reading my fair share. Trying to get some general advice on whether to pull the trigger on this vehicle. Everything seems to check out except the miles and price are a little higher than I wanted. Getting ready to get an inspection now.

Info
2006 LC 170K miles asking $21K

Pros: meticulous maintenance (vehicle belonged to the Toyota dealership owner's daughter) No AHC, no rear spoiler, 170K miles, minimal blemishes inside and out, pristine for the year, undercarriage is clean / no rust, timing belt and water pump done.

Cons: Miles associated with asking price and fender flares (yes, and I will attempt to lower the price)

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
That seems a little high to me too. I paid 16.5K for my 2005 a year ago, about the same as your description. Another thing you can try to sweetin the deal is ask for 5 all terrain tires to be thrown in.

That price is high. I picked up my 2005 LC (picture in profile) for $11,750 and it had 170,000 miles on it in August (up to 173,500 as of today). Mine wasn't show room condition but I know I got a very good deal on it. I think the value on mine would be $14-$15k. For $21,000 it better be showroom quality and the mileage really needs to be in the 100,000 - 125,000 range if i was gonna drop that kind of money on it.

That seems a little high to me too. I paid 16.5K for my 2005 a year ago, about the same as your description. Another thing you can try to sweetin the deal is ask for 5 all terrain tires to be thrown in.

I agree with Brizzle because I have seen his rig on his youtube channel and I would classify his rig's condition as being a 9/10 for a 2005 LC. Plus his rig was from the south and undercarriage and even his engine bay was pretty darn immaculate. I would say my rig is 7/10 on the scale and I paid $11,750 with it having 170k miles. It was a Maine rig and no body rust but the undercarriage has some rust. You need to get him to the $16-18k range I think and that's if its immaculate.

The issue you will find is that you will find a lot more Lexus out there vs Landcruisers. I waited and searched high and low for a Landcruiser cause I want that darn BADGE and I am just not a Lexus type guy... There are far fewer Landcruisers available vs the 470's.... I think for every 1 Landcruiser they sold 2 Lexus 470's. Once people get a hold of a Landcruiser they don't part with them.

Good Luck!

i would love to see how much you can get this seller down because to me it is priced liked they don't want to sell it.

Everyone, thank you for all the great comments. I have been searching for about a month for solid LC or LX. I recently started leaning towards the LC due to possible future issues with the AHC. I will be living in New England; however, I would prefer not to purchase my vehicle from there due to undercarriage rust issues.

Used 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser For Sale

The vehicle was owned and driven by the car dealer's daughter. From what I have seen it is immaculate, 5,000 mile maintenance done since ownership. I was looking for a 2006 for the VVTI (read reviews about durability of vvti and whether it makes a difference, arguments on both sides), no AHC, from the South or West, and excellent condition as it will be my daily driver for awhile with weekend Dad duty. I prefer the look without the rear spoiler as well. (I have read reviews that the spoiler keeps dust and dirt off the back window and you can remove them and plug the holes etc, just prefer to start with out it)

The starting price is $20,395, it has standard OEM tires, I will ask for (5) AT tires but I am undecided between 265/65 R18 or 265/70 R18. I will also ask them to remove the fender flares and to touch up the areas for scratches etc. I plan to send a Lemon Squad inspector tomorrow because I am currently out of the country. Anything else I should do or ask for?

Everyone, thank you for all the great comments. I have been searching for about a month for solid LC or LX. I recently started leaning towards the LC due to possible future issues with the AHC. I will be living in New England; however, I would prefer not to purchase my vehicle from there due to undercarriage rust issues.

Used 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser For Sale

The vehicle was owned and driven by the car dealer's daughter. From what I have seen it is immaculate, 5,000 mile maintenance done since ownership. I was looking for a 2006 for the VVTI (read reviews about durability of vvti and whether it makes a difference, arguments on both sides), no AHC, from the South or West, and excellent condition as it will be my daily driver for awhile with weekend Dad duty. I prefer the look without the rear spoiler as well. (I have read reviews that the spoiler keeps dust and dirt off the back window and you can remove them and plug the holes etc, just prefer to start with out it)

The starting price is $20,395, it has standard OEM tires, I will ask for (5) AT tires but I am undecided between 265/65 R18 or 265/70 R18. I will also ask them to remove the fender flares and to touch up the areas for scratches etc. I plan to send a Lemon Squad inspector tomorrow because I am currently out of the country. Anything else I should do or ask for?
Good luck man, looks like a nice one! I just recently got 275 70 18s and love them, that's pretty much as big as you can go without mods and a rear carrier.

Good luck man, looks like a nice one! I just recently got 275 70 18s and love them, that's pretty much as big as you can go without mods and a rear carrier.

Brizzle, thanks. I will update this thread with my final deal. Tires not too big for a DD and light weekend warrior? Do you have BFG K02 or another tire? OBTW, you guys have been great.

it has standard OEM tires, I will ask for (5) AT tires but I am undecided between 265/65 R18 or 265/70 R18.

No, it has Michelins that look to be in good condition. Why ditch them? No need to go bigger than stock.

Brizzle, thanks. I will update this thread with my final deal. Tires not too big for a DD and light weekend warrior? Do you have BFG K02 or another tire? OBTW, you guys have been great.

I run BFG KO2 in a fairly common 275/70/18 variety (33" overall). If you stay with 16" wheels, 285/75/16 tends to be pretty common as well. I'd personally run the Michelins until your tired (pun intended) of them.

Willing to Drive? That price is just too high. Check this out: LEXUS LX 470 SUV ( LIKE NEW CONDITION)

I will get it right away if this were available a year ago ( as advertised in good condition ) when I was looking for a 100 / 200.

Willing to Drive? That price is just too high. Check this out: LEXUS LX 470 SUV ( LIKE NEW CONDITION)

I will get it right away if this were available a year ago ( as advertised in good condition ) when I was looking for a 100 / 200.

Looks great thank you for the link!

However, the Houston CL ad claims it's a 2007, looks more like a 2003/04 ... suspect.

Last edited:
Looks great thank you for the link!

However, the Houston CL ad claims it's a 2007, looks more like a 2003/04 ... suspect.

Yep, wrong wheels for an '07. Def '03 - '05, but those tail lights almost look like they belong on a '98 - '02? I'd do some extra due diligence with Houston cars because of all the flood cars on the market.

Since we're pratically neighbors, have you seen this one? Probably a bit crusty underneath, but may be worth a look since it's within driving distance? This is more in line with what I would expect you to pay - add $2K for clean undercarriage so ~$17.5K?

2007 LEXUS LX470,,4WD

Yep, wrong wheels for an '07. Def '03 - '05, but those tail lights almost look like they belong on a '98 - '02? I'd do some extra due diligence with Houston cars because of all the flood cars on the market.

Since we're pratically neighbors, have you seen this one? Probably a bit crusty underneath, but may be worth a look since it's within driving distance? This is more in line with what I would expect you to pay - add $2K for clean undercarriage so ~$17.5K?

2007 LEXUS LX470,,4WD

Nice find, thank you. I will look into it.

I would be hesitant to buy any vehicle from the Houston area right now, especially sight unseen. The will be a lot of flood damaged ones hitting the market. They don't always show up on a carfax type report if they weren't totaled out. I would want a thorough inspection done by a trusted mechanic before I would put my money down.

Let me know if you take a ride to check it out. Curious how the overall condition (including the underside) is at that price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom