JAN ROTM: Rug Road > Turkey Creek Jan 13-14 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a ride with abigal. but I’m sure I’ll be car hoping. Thanks for the offer

So what, we are now some kind of off-road swingers group? Please keep Alvis out of my tent:worms::hillbilly:o_O:flipoff2:

car hoping? Thatz unuzial:hillbilly:
Upper control arms ball joints. and some suspension upgrades. Nothing to bad but don’t want to get out on a trail like rug road and have to worry about anything.

No promises on keeping alvis out. Especially if your wife comes:mad:

This is shaping up for some great campfire banter , only a little over a week out! :bounce2:

I am planning on heading up Friday after work. Looking forward to it!

Who else from Tucson area is heading up?

CJ, you could let Alyssa ride with Alvis.

Is Ben back from "walk about"?

Graham and I are leaning towards making this trip for the camping. We'll see how the week goes.

What time will you hit Mammoth?

I'm about ten minutes away from the campsite I listed (not counting sign in time at the State Trust box).

I get home around 4:30 if all goes well, and should be able to get there any time after 5:30.

I am thinking to take a half day and head up that way round noon. Google says about 2 hours from Marana to the site, but i have never had much luck making it through Phoenix without traffic....so I will let you as soon as I get my plan solid.

Cheers!

I am thinking to take a half day and head up that way round noon. Google says about 2 hours from Marana to the site, but i have never had much luck making it through Phoenix without traffic....so I will let you as soon as I get my plan solid.

Cheers!
If you are leaving from Marana I would hit Tangerine to Oracle (Highway 77). 'Bout an hour and change to Mammoth.

upload_2018-1-6_6-6-37.png

[QUOTE Also, hopefully, I will be picking up that fj80 down south as well.[/QUOTE]

Picking up an FJ 80 down south, @Garrissey tell us more.

If I really correctly, the drive from Phoenix to Turkey Creek is probably 3:30 to 4:30 hours. It is almost 200 miles, the last 45 of which are on dirt (granted 30 of those are on a fast, washboard road!) I do not mind leaving really early Saturday morning in order to get to the camping spot. @aztlctina will sleep in the car the whole way. So, those of you wanted to come in from the east, let me know what time works best for you.

@murf @Saddletramp - Based on my photo history, we left Mammoth about 7:30am and arrived at the camping spot at 2:00pm (via Rug Road). We were only two vehicles, so depending on the number of trucks, it might take you a little longer.

Guess I didn't realize how far this was. Last week brought back my warm sleeping bag and wool blankets planning on going. But if I travel that far would be best to head back north and continue hauling my parts back to the valley. If my FJ62 was here would be tempted.

Be safe John, catch you on the next run. That's the beauty, we have at least one run a month.

Going back to April 2014, first time many of us ran it. Myself, LandcruiserPhil, Funner, MtKreitz, and Rudster. We met Wilma83 at Turkey Creek

April ROTM 2014

Last edited:
Is Ben back from "walk about"?

Yep, survived this time and only lost one hand to a crocodile and 3 venomous spider bites.

Not sure I'll make this run, I've some maintenance to get done on the 100 and need to find the cause of some noises when going over bumps. Want to make sure I'm ready for a long weekend run in February. See what I can get done this week!

Thanks to Jackson @medtro for the loan of a chainsaw for this weekends run and camp at Turkey creek. A little bit of clean up and fresh fuel mixed and away we go.

There is a large dead tree that actually fell on top of a tent and Tacoma part of the tacomaworld club almost a couple years ago now at the camp spot. Definitely wood there for cutting and a reminder to be careful where you camp!

There is a large dead tree that actually fell on top of a tent and Tacoma part of the tacomaworld club almost a couple years ago now at the camp spot. Definitely wood there for cutting and a reminder to be careful where you camp!

We had several branches fall while camping there last year. Definitely a cautionary tale.

Hope you guys are going to make the camping, Otter and G-Ram are possibly coming as well to camp so possible play date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom