For Sale FJ40 LX hood release (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
DSC_0043.JPG

FJ40 LX hood release handle and cable $200

I think you meant "FJ80 / LX" not FJ40

Some late model 40 series had an interior hood release, like Canada(bj42), Aus and other non US markets on higher spec models.

I think you meant "FJ80 / LX" not FJ40

Some late model 40 series had an interior hood release, like Canada(bj42), Aus and other non US markets on higher spec models.

OK, but it definitely WOULDN'T be the same part used in the LX.

However, the FJ80 & LX WOULD use the same part.

I can't quite tell from the image, if that is the FJ/BJ 40 series handle, or the 80 series/LX450 one.

If it is in fact the 40 series, I'm confused as to the "LX" reference?

I'm always one open to a bit of additional Cruiser knowledge; so if I'm missing something, please educate me.

I can't quite tell from the image, if that is the FJ/BJ 40 series handle, or the 80 series/LX450 one.

I'm always one open to a bit of additional Cruiser knowledge; so if I'm missing something, please educate me.

More about FJ40 LX here. Hood release lever, from that thread...
IMG_0855.jpg

This is identical to the one I have from a BJ42LX. There's also a special hood release assembly that's different from the more commonly available part.

LX is a trim level on a 40 series, which was way before there was a Lexus version of a Land Cruiser(of any sort)

LX is a trim level on a 40 series, which was way before there was a Lexus version of a Land Cruiser(of any sort)

How about before there was a Lexus period.

Is this for anLHD or RHD?

While not complete I grab one of these off a 84 HJ47RV from Australia. It certainly wasn't a LX version, it even had manual steering. Find it interesting the RHD LX still had the old glovebox door and the non collapsible steering column. But besides the interior trim package the 83/84 had the five speed which out weights the glovebox door and collapsible steering column.

Well, now don't I feel foolish.

Didn’t realize Toyota put these on 40-series without the LX package. Good to know. Not surprised by the lack of collapsing steering column though; I was looking at a 1984 BJ45 with front drum brakes a couple days ago. I’m scratching my head on what Toyota made available for some markets and not others.

How about before there was a Lexus period.

Is this for anLHD or RHD?

While not complete I grab one of these off a 84 HJ47RV from Australia. It certainly wasn't a LX version, it even had manual steering. Find it interesting the RHD LX still had the old glovebox door and the non collapsible steering column. But besides the interior trim package the 83/84 had the five speed which out weights the glovebox door and collapsible steering column.
RHD from AU

I do have one FULL set with the latch for RHD (cable and latch). Happy to send to the US. You’ll need to improvise to adapt it to LHD though. PM if intrested. Thanks.

I do have one FULL set with the latch for RHD (cable and latch). Happy to send to the US. You’ll need to improvise to adapt it to LHD though. PM if intrested. Thanks.
Maybe you can list your stuff on your own post , OK Mate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom