Family Camping recommendations winter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just saw this on AZ offroading:

"Hewitt Station Rd. is closed to thru traffic. Posted as of March 2017. Local residents complained of noise and dust and the county who still maintains the road put in a gate. I have a picture of the alt routes to take to circle around. I can email it if you like. It was quite a surprise as we didn’t stage anywhere near posted signs and found this out on our decent and return. We instead had to take the 60 at milepost 223 for 8 miles to return to our truck/trailer.

I have the AZ backroads book and gps – neither off which foretold this"

I was just there the day after christmas. If you come in off the road Queen Valley road it is open for a few miles. Look up the “Montano Loop Trail” on AllTrails and it will give you specifics of where the trail starts.

I like kids just don't have any. My above post probably makes me seem like a grumpy old man now that I read it! Ha ha

This is so funny. I can't remember the comedian who has a bit on this topic. I will probably ruin it, but it goes something like this...
Isn't it weird that you can say something like "I really like kids", and it's all good, but if you get specific and say "I really like that kid" it's super creepy.o_O

Montana Mountain Loop Trail here is the link to the trail. If you go onto Hewitt Canyon Road (which starts across a wash) you can head up here and find a nice spot. The further you go, the less people will be around in the AM shooting guns.
how do you get to Hewitt Canyon Road if its true that Hewitt Station Road (357) is closed now with a gate?

The Road is open part of the way. I drew a yellow line on the route. This is about how far I have been in the last few months. Where you turn off to camp is still completely open. If you look at google there are some houses further down on the road.
how do you get to Hewitt Canyon Road if its true that Hewitt Station Road (357) is closed now with a gate?

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 4.35.05 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom