January 27th - AOP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heard from some of the locals during the Cove Run this past weekend that the rock bouncers have really put in some work at AOP and wrecked it up pretty bad for most of the regular trail riders. Ownership has changed as well.
:beer:

so same story as usual then. If we shied away from places that bouncers went we'd never go anywhere.

Yup, happened back in October. Pic stolen from Hardline.com

image.jpg

Last edited:
so same story as usual then. If we shied away from places that bouncers went we'd never go anywhere.

Yup, happened back in October. Pic stolen from Hardline.com

View attachment 1603151

Yep it's a bummer, seems pretty obvious that Bouncers and your general Off Road enthusiast don't really play well in the same areas,
don't really see any way to avoid it.

Yep it's a bummer, seems pretty obvious that Bouncers and your general Off Road enthusiast don't really play well in the same areas,
don't really see any way to avoid it.

not to get side tracked too far but this has long been an issue where there are fewer and fewer spots for those 33-35" tire guys to go. At some point everyone makes the choice to either go bigger or stick to the FS roads.

You guys in the middle kind of reside in no-man's land where you're not really built enough to enjoy the parks greatly but you're too built to regularly enjoy the jaunts through the forests.

anyway, carry on.

I'm officially approved to go. Probably try to head up mid-day on Friday to beat the traffic. Fingers crossed for good weather.

bump - looking like we have about 6 going: me, John, Randy, Nick, Tony and Sidney.

Hope the weather holds!!!!

Seems like this always comes up, but this hasn't been changing too much over the last few days. Do we have a rescheduling plan in place? I'd hate for this trip to get bumped too far out.

Still a long way to go as far as weather forecasts go - fingers crossed.

upload_2018-1-19_8-40-15.png

Seems like this always comes up, but this hasn't been changing too much over the last few days. Do we have a rescheduling plan in place? I'd hate for this trip to get bumped too far out.

Still a long way to go as far as weather forecasts go - fingers crossed.

View attachment 1615024

I dont give those guys much credit beyond about 3 days so wait and see.

Hawk Pride

too far for a quick ride, besides gonna be up there for MC it;s looking like anyway. AOP is the local depending in the weather, if it rains moderately mid-week and AOP deemed too wet then Chocco becomes the standby option.

Looking through some pics and came across this from the same AOP trip almost exactly 3 years ago - she was so pretty back then.

Forecast is starting to look a little better.

AOP_01-30-2015_2.jpg

Glad the rain held off for you guys. Looks like a good trip.

yup, he gots them new stickies and thought they'd hold him to the ground no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom