Official Keystone RC thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's been happening to me also.
Just be warned:
Once you start you will not be able to stop.

That's been happening to me also.
Just be warned:
Once you start you will not be able to stop.

I know...That is why I have resisted for this long. I am already making a point to restrain myself and start easy. Just like my full size 40, I am looking to purchase a capable (and durable) rig with an eye towards the future.

It's a spend now or spend latter thing. If you have the money the Traxxas is nice. I've owed a couple of Traxxas they are nice RC's well thaught out. I whent. Hero to start and will mod it up when needed.

@Stumpalama I'm partial to the Hilux as well, 4 door Majovi body from RC4WD fits the TRX4 wheelbase just about perfect.
IMG_20171219_210423007.jpg

I ended up buying a set of used wheels/tires from an SCX10 2 on eBay for cheap enough. Back in action next week!

I bought the boys some cheap RC stuff from banggood for Christmas - maybe now they'll stop breaking my crawler for a while. It's getting expensive!

Last edited:
I ended up buying a set of used wheels/tires from an SCX10 2 on eBay for cheap enough. Back in action next week!

I bought the boys some cheap RC stuff from banggood for Christmas - maybe now they'll stop breaking my crawler for a while. It's getting expensive!
It's hard finding a middle of the road RC for the kiddos. I got two from BangGood too with 2s lipo. They are fast, but not too robust. Too fast for their own good...
$75 shipped.

I'm considering:

HSP RGT Racing Rc Car 1/10 Scale Electric 4wd Off Road Rock Crawler Rock Cruiser | eBay

or:

Redcat Racing Gen7 Pro 1:10 Scale 4WD Electric Off Road RC Crawler Truck, Black | eBay

Any suggestions for a steering servo. Mine went out on the trx4 already. I'm going to make a warranty claim but will start looking into upgrades now.

Any suggestions for a steering servo. Mine went out on the trx4 already. I'm going to make a warranty claim but will start looking into upgrades now.
I think this is the one I run on 3 of my rigs it’s not water resistant. I have to look when I get home if that’s the correct number.

Hitec RCD HS-5485HB Digital Standard Servo

My sons has a stock traxxas. It works well and our local gabby store stocks both.

I have heard good things about this one
Savox SW-1210SG Waterproof Coreless Steel Gear Digital Servo

Traxxas will send you a new one, but don't waste your time, it'll just break again. I put a Hi-tec in my SCx10-2 as well as my TRX4. I have another new Hi-Tec that is going in my other TRX, I just haven't been motivated to do it yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NMYZ5E/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

416gEwdkidL.jpg

Traxxas is sending me a new servo but I plan to keep looking since I believe I only have a 30 day warranty. The guy on the other end said it was one of their best servo's waterproof and high torque, Searching says otherwise. @Crusha You were totally right when you said to just upgrade it right away. It wont turn into rocks if the steering is in a bind kind of like 1:1, but if I were rich I would have hydro assist and could turn with one finger. So It won't feel like cheating when I upgrade the servo to somthing with more torque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom