New Year's Day No-Snow Run - Jemez (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another idea would be to explore more of Cebollita Mesa which is between FR 376 and Hwy 4. Some of the FR#s are 604, 605, 607 but the elevation there only gets to about 8,000 ft. and it's a little further south and west of the Caldera.
These roads have some good ruins, too as I recall.

Sorry to switch teams, guys. I gotta be close to home tomorrow. I’m gonna head to the pierce for a while if Larry will gave me.
I’m looking forward to details on what new ground you cover!

We’re still planning on it. I have a friend from work that may join as well. We don’t have a defined route, but my take would be FR144 up around VC.
I've never been that way so I say we try it.

Sorry to switch teams, guys. I gotta be close to home tomorrow. I’m gonna head to the pierce for a while if Larry will gave me.
I’m looking forward to details on what new ground you cover!
No problem Grant. We won't hold a grudge.

hopefully not too many low trees. I still have a container strapped to my roofrack

hopefully not too many low trees. I still have a container strapped to my roofrack
Probably not but we'll be understanding and watch out for low hanging branches.

IMG_0461.JPG
Hello

Michael Maloney here.

My two sons 15, 13 and I are going to tag along tomorrow. We live in Santa Fe and will meet you at the coffee house. I've wanted to make contact with the H.D.C club for a while but work, teens, wife... etc.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Michael

Last edited:
View attachment 1601357 Hello

Michael Maloney here.

My two sons 15, 13 and I are going to tag along tomorrow. We live in Santa Fe and will meet you at the coffee house. I've wanted to make contact with the H.D.C club for a while but work, teens, wife... etc.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Michael

Great to hear Michael. Look forward to meeting you. My 16 y.o. son will be bummed he skipped out on us and is spending the night and tomorrow at a buddy's house and won't be able to meet your boys. But, I will have my 14 y.o. daughter with us.

This is the road that connects to the highway 285/84 just north of Espanola. Does anyone know anything about the condition or difficulty of this road?

Pretty nice road to 453 that connects to 316 to Coyote. haven't been farther on 144 than that.
I have heard about the ruins but don't know where they are.
There's some ruins towards the southern end of 607; pretty large site. I'm still not sure if I'll be out tomorrow; fighting off that dang flu or whatever it is that's making the rounds. I'll be at Amanda's in La Cueva if so; either in the yellow FJ40 or my silver grocery getter depending if I get up early enough to get fuel. :)

Hmmmmm I'd very much like to see an 87 w 4.3 Vortec- I'm debating this for my 88 vs a 3.4 5VZ. What's your Jemez plan generally?

I sorta vote for Jemez or even puerco over Mt. Taylor... Agree w Larry we need a guide to properly explore Mt. Taylor. The roads we ran a few weeks ago were 90% car accessible. They'd be funner with snow.

p.s. nobody says we all gotta go to the same place!
I might be game for a new years eve run as well as new years day
We'll have to reschedule the 4.3 vortec swap viewing sesh from today or tomorrow as my dad talked me into doing some of the single track on our two strokes tomorrow and ended up having to work today. I hope you guys had/have a great time!

Looks like I'm a no go today :-(

Come on Ali. See you at the end of Northern.

I got a house guest who won't leave the house in time for me to make the run unfortunately.

It wasn’t until I passed everyone pulling out in Bernalillo that I realized I didn’t have my ham in the truck!

It wasn’t until I passed everyone pulling out in Bernalillo that I realized I didn’t have my ham in the truck!
Wait. Was that you in the 40 that passed us? You turd. No ham is no excuse.

it was a fun dust bowl!! reminded me of Cali! lol!

KIMG0407.JPG

KIMG0390.JPG

KIMG0396.JPG

KIMG0392.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom