LX570 and LC200 starts at almost identical MSRP now (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just noticed that 2018 LX570 has a starting option with a lower starting MSRP which almost mirrors LC200. It doesn't give you an option for upgraded sound BUT it now comes without third row seats. I wish LC200 had that option.

Actually I would try it as I like lexus interior more, but I don't trust air suspension reliability and potential high cost of repairs.
Good thing its not air suspension then!

What do you mean? Looks like all lx570 comes with air suspension.

US spec 570s come with AHC, but it's not an air system. It's adjusted with hydraulics that move the vehicle within about a 2" range between low, neutral and high.

Actually I would try it as I like lexus interior more, but I don't trust air suspension reliability and potential high cost of repairs.

AHC has proven to be incredibly robust and reliable. True on the previous LX470, but even more so in the LX570. It's easily many fold more reliable than anything you can upgrade the LC to in the aftermarket. And you would miss out on potentially the best feature on the 200-series platform.

US spec 570s come with AHC, but it's not an air system. It's adjusted with hydraulics that move the vehicle within about a 2" range between low, neutral and high.

Try almost 5". 40mm lower in L. And up to 80mm in extra-H (with low range engaged).

Thanks for correcting me. I assumed it was air driven. Still have concerns with it. My neighbors had issues with his lx570 suspension and had to replace accumulators couple times already (of course post warranty)

Last edited:
Thanks for correcting. I assumed it was air driven. Still have concerns with it. My neighbors had issues with his lx570 suspension and had to replace accumulators couple times already (of course post warranty)

I meant about 2” up and 2” down from neutral. Not 2 total. Sounds like it’s a bit more than that even. Thx

That is good to know. I think they're actually for two different types of buyers and not really competing against each other in the US. @luke27617's sceptical approach to the AHC is shared in the US market it seems. The interesting thing is that the Land Cruiser had AHC standard in the later years of the 100 series in the US. It is also the standard suspension around the world , minus Australia, for the Land Cruiser.

I think they did it to create a bigger gap between the new RX with the 3rd row seat and the LX as well as shift some more LX's in cheaper guise.

IN my county the CIF cost of a LX570 is a couple hundred less than the Diesel LC200...But at the dealership they go for 20k more than the LC.

The interesting thing is that the Land Cruiser had AHC standard in the later years of the 100 series in the US.

Incorrect, it was optional on 06-07 Land Cruisers.

Info from the Lexus and Toyota web sites: In some colors (like Brandywine and White at least), the Land Cruiser is only available with the rear seat entertainment system screens which add $2200 to the price. So, a white LC MSRP is $85,885 and a white 2-row LX570 MSRP is $84,980.

Info from the Lexus and Toyota web sites: In some colors (like Brandywine and White at least), the Land Cruiser is only available with the rear seat entertainment system screens which add $2200 to the price. So, a white LC MSRP is $85,885 and a white 2-row LX570 MSRP is $84,980.

Thats location dependent - you simply dont have inventory near you .

Thanks for correcting me. I assumed it was air driven. Still have concerns with it. My neighbors had issues with his lx570 suspension and had to replace accumulators couple times already (of course post warranty)

Have had 3 LX570s. Zero issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom