New Year's Day No-Snow Run - Puerco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those of you that wish to join us for the Puerco run (instead of the Jemez), please post up here.

This is a great opportunity for those of you that wish to explore the vast Puerco drain with confidence. We have many experienced drivers with us that will enable you to stay out of trouble but also push yourself if you feel up to it.

Initial Drivers Meeting
  • Time: 10 AM
  • Date: Monday Jan 1, 2018
  • Ham: 146.400 (HDC-1) (L Britt's Cell 505 803 0693)
  • Trail Ratings: 2 - 6 (out of 10)

Confirmed Attendee's
  • Larry (trail lead)
  • Frank
  • Matt B
  • Matt P
  • Juan
  • Steve
  • Nate
  • Grant
  • Walt Wagner
  • Curtis (Bronco)
  • Edwin

I propose we meet at the end of Northern Blvd west of Rio Rancho. The coordinates are shown above and a map is also pasted on this thread. Just take Northern Blvd west until the improved gravel/dust road ends, then transition to unimproved trail for another 1/2 mile or so to the water drain rim where the Rio Puerco/Rio Grande transition. You will see us all gathered there. Ping me via cell or ham if you are running late so we can hook up or wait for you.

Lunch:
I propose we stop for a group lunch. So bring some goodies to eat and drink.

Trail conditions:
Many of the trails will be relatively easy with high clearance only required. I did most of these trails with my stock land cruiser without any issue. Optional things one could consider doing are:
  • tight, off-camber box canyons ..... Yep we did that.
  • soft sand hill climbs (extreme winching required on some optional hills) ..... Yep we did that.
  • hard rock hill climbs ..... Yep we did that.
  • rock gardens & ledges ..... Yep we did that.
  • high articulated mogul trails ..... Yep we did that.
  • 4 fire pits for pot luck along 5 miles of the trails ..... Yep we did 3 of the 4 fire pits.

My cell is 505 803-0693. Ping me anytime.

-Larry

Puerco meeting point.png

Last edited:
Thinking about this over the Jemez run since there is no snow...plus time is precious these days!

Got the smurf fixed up and ready with a new starter and fixed wiring issue. Also been tinkering with the EFI tune. Anyone know anything about tuning EFI?

I will spend tomorrow tuning up the TW... will this be an out and back or a cowboy breakfast?

Thinking about this over the Jemez run since there is no snow...plus time is precious these days!

Got the smurf fixed up and ready with a new starter and fixed wiring issue. Also been tinkering with the EFI tune. Anyone know anything about tuning EFI?

I know someone who has dabbled with EFI live and has a copy of the software I think. @jstncse

Hey Guys -

Former HDC member and now back in a (FJ) cruiser. Would love to join the Puerco run - its been a long time since I have been out there. Can someone let me know if I need to reinstate my membership before the run?

Thanks,
Nate

Hey Guys -

Former HDC member and now back in a (FJ) cruiser. Would love to join the Puerco run - its been a long time since I have been out there. Can someone let me know if I need to reinstate my membership before the run?

Thanks,
Nate

Easy answer. Come 'awn down.

I gotta stay somewhat close to home tomorrow so I gotta flake on the Jemez trip. If I can make 10am I’ll see you fellers at the end of northern.

TW not back together.............. dont expect J.......

See ya in the am...zzzz

Some pics from todays outing...

DSC_1276.jpg

DSC_1277.jpg

DSC_1281.jpg

DSC_1282.jpg

DSC_1288.jpg

That's a sweet old Bronco. You guys actually wheeled, we just milled around in a dust cloud. Great pics!

IMG_20180101_132804.jpg

And a few more...

037C351A-EEC9-4141-80CC-029DB22D76E1.jpeg

2B6513E3-B562-4B0D-A013-A337AF84BDE2.jpeg

E7A1F5E0-21FA-44EC-B6D2-61EC2F5838C4.jpeg

0CA046AC-B21F-4A24-9CD7-BCA670788F7D.jpeg

0416B953-8997-44E4-B3B3-B440B81B5C5B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom