Beach camping/ vehicle access (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had my cruiser for a couple of years but I'm just now finding the time to get away and do some camping. I want to drive and camp right on the beach. I am having a hard time finding out what beaches allow this. I've searched quite a bit and only come up with the outer banks. Are there any other beaches particularly in Florida that I can camp in my cruiser? Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong section.

Last edited:
Just a guess.....Daytona maybe?

Baja is perfect for beach camping.

Dyno

I am originally from florida and never knew of a beach you could legally camp on... especially with your vehicle. Maybe at Cape canaveral area state park you can pay to camp with your vehicle right beside the beach but not actually on it? There are quite a few beaches you can drive on but you will get kicked off at dark or earlier. Good luck with the search! Hopefully you find an awesome spot.

Look into Padre Island down near Corpus Christi, TX. Long drive to California, but Oceano Dunes at Pismo Beach in central CA.

I am originally from florida and never knew of a beach you could legally camp on... especially with your vehicle. Maybe at Cape canaveral area state park you can pay to camp with your vehicle right beside the beach but not actually on it? There are quite a few beaches you can drive on but you will get kicked off at dark or earlier. Good luck with the search! Hopefully you find an awesome spot.
Any idea what beaches you can drive on close to Destin?

I've hand my cruiser for a couple of years but I'm just now finding the time to get away and do some camping. I want to drive and camp right on the beach. I am having a hard time finding out what beaches allow this. I've searched quite a bit and only come up with the outer banks. Are there any other beaches particularly in Florida that I can camp in my cruiser? Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong section.

Assateague Island National Seashore (Maryland) allows overnight camping in the ORV zone is a place called the bullpen. You can overnight on the beach but must be "actively" fishing - a pole in a holder will suffice. ORV permits and some equipment are required.

Assateague Island National Seashore (Maryland) allows overnight camping in the ORV zone is a place called the bullpen. You can overnight on the beach but must be "actively" fishing - a pole in a holder will suffice. ORV permits and some equipment are required.
Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out!

If you want to drive to Long Island next spring there are several beaches open to off roading. You can get your wheels as wet as you'd like, if you want to. Surf fishing, surfing, or just camp out. There's even some guy that comes by with a "fan glider" - one of those fan powered chairs with a parachute up top. Drop me a PM and I'll show you around.

Carolina Beach in Southeastern NC has some beachfront camping options as well. The north end is called Freeman Park and does allow camping and fires in metal pits. I think Topsail Island a little north may also still allow camping but several have moved to daylight only orv access.

Just you and the birds in Mexico. No rules:beer:

IMG_8579.JPG

Who made all those tracks? You?

I saved the pic because I hope to drive down there sometime. Wanted to go to La Paz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom