Valve Adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys. Looking into doing a valve adjustment on my 1991 3FE FJ80, with 235K miles on her. I've been having some family health issues that have prevented from doing the research I need to... so if you can point me on the right direction would be great!

Start by buying the Factory Service Manual (FSM), it will be money well spent. You might also try Toyota Workshop Manuals.

If you haven't adjusted valves before, you want someone experienced to help you develop "the touch"; too tight and you burn the valves, too loose and they clatter.

This would be a good tech day job... Gotta join the club though.
When is the next tech day? I don’t have anything to work on at the moment, but I’ll come turn wrenches on somebody else’s ride.

When is the next tech day? I don’t have anything to work on at the moment, but I’ll come turn wrenches on somebody else’s ride.

That's usually what I do... We haven't set a date yet, but we could look at the end of January

I'm very much looking forward to joining CLCC, to the next meeting at Kilroy's, and wrenching on whomever's ride(s) are up in the next tech day!

I'm happy to inform that I've parked my other car in the garage and have been driving and enjoying my FJ80 TRKTOR (My wife named her "TRKTOR"). My dad is visiting and in love with it too. I'll be doing bearings tomorrow if time and other factors allow it. I'll report back on those as soon as they are done!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom