So if the LC is made in Japan... and the 5.7 in the USA, how does it all come together? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just curious.... love the 5.7 in this thing... but its a US only engine (or at least made here?) do they ship the engines to japan? i did a search but nothing relevant.

The 5.7 is assembled in both the US and Japan. Tundras and Sequoias get the US-assembled engine.

How about the LX is it 100% Japan?

Am I mistaken that there are substantial differences between the US produced 5.7 and the Japanese produced one? For example, as I understood it, the Japanese version uses all forged components while the US version does not and that is one reason why the 5.7 in the LC and LX is more durable.

In this global economy I don't think there is much in the automotive world that is 100% from any one country. Switches come from here, hoses from there...

Am I mistaken that there are substantial differences between the US produced 5.7 and the Japanese produced one? For example, as I understood it, the Japanese version uses all forged components while the US version does not and that is one reason why the 5.7 in the LC and LX is more durable.

In this global economy I don't think there is much in the automotive world that is 100% from any one country. Switches come from here, hoses from there...

That was true with thr 4.7 motor. I have never read anything to indicate the 5.7s are different.

That was true with thr 4.7 motor. I have never read anything to indicate the 5.7s are different.

The only difference I have found is the Flex-Fuel version of the 5.7 that goes into the Sequoia (and Tundra?) uses different materials for some components to be able to tolerate Ethanol fuels up to E85. Sorry, I do not have a part-by-part breakdown of the affected parts.

HTH

I think my LC 5.7 runs smoother than my Tundra 5.7. Do you think I’m imagining this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom