80 Series Stainless Exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OTRAMM

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.otramm.com
I've been working on an 80 series exhaust kit over the last few months. I've been posting about it in the 80 section but now that it's done it's probably time for it's own thread. It's 2.5" 14 gauge 304 stainless with a Solo Performance Stealth muffler. The muffler keeps it nice and quiet but still lets it flow well. I've done two sets on super charged 80's and it perks them up. It runs up over the frame rail near the transfer case. To get it up over the rail I had to leave out the rear catalytic converter. It uses the stock rubber isolators for a rattle free mounting set up. After the connection at the converter all of the joints are v-bands to allow a bit of tweaking and a gasket less seal. I added an extra v-band connection at the tail pipe to make it easy to remove prior to wheeling or easy to replace if the tail pipe gets squished. More info at Stainless Exhaust
20171213_153019.jpg
20171207_142657.jpg
20171205_153344.jpg
20171205_153405.jpg
20171205_153359.jpg

Very pretty. Have you done a 93/4 variant?

I haven't done a 93/94 yet. I've been thinking about two options there. I'm looking at either making a different front pipe between the cat and muffler to accommodate the change. Or possibly seeing if i can modify the O2 sensor placement on the Magnaflow 95-97 down pipe to work with the earlier trucks. I haven't actually checked to see if the magnaflow pipe will bolt up yet though. My brother has a 94 I just need to get time to check it out.

The factory tail pipe is the same from 93-97 as are the two rear factory mounting points. I suspect the muffler can is also the same with the inlet pipe being the difference. 93/4 is dual head pipes and cats with A pre-cat O2 in each head pipe and no post-cat O2s. the Y pipe is behind the cats.

Yeah, I was thinking if I capped the single O2 port in the Magnaflow and added 2 new ports higher up before the Y I may be able to make it work. My brother's down pipes are shot so it'd be an easy fix if it worked. Just need to get the time to get it on the lift and see if that'd be easier or just making an alternate inlet pipe. Or possible both.

The stock muffler inlet pipes are significantly different in routing and length. The 93/4 muffler inlet is much shorter and simpler.

93/4 routing.
9394.jpg

95/7 routing.
9597.jpg

Yep, my set up deletes the rear cat on the 95-97 so that i can swing up over the frame like the 93-94. The inlet pipe on mine already looks closer to the earlier ones. Making a super compact Y to suite the 93-94 is going to be the fun part. Do you know if the manifolds themselves interchange? If they do that would make it a reasonably sure bet that the 95-97 down pipe would bolt up to them. It'd be easier to change around the sensor locations on the newer style pipe I think.

Do you know if the manifolds themselves interchange? If they do that would make it a reasonably sure bet that the 95-97 down pipe would bolt up to them. It'd be easier to change around the sensor locations on the newer style pipe I think.

The manifolds are different but I'm fairly certain the only significant difference is the earlier manifolds are drilled for the air injection pipes.

Is there enough room in there for cat(s)? 105s do not have cats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom