Hello New Mexico!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

has anyone wheeled out in this area just outside of Shiprock?

Google Maps

good to know. I wish there was a Backroads and 4 Wheel Drive Trails guide book for NM

good to know. I wish there was a Backroads and 4 Wheel Drive Trails guide book for NM

Look at Trail Damage.com, another resource for you but ping us at HDC and we'll be glad to keep you out of Tribe jail.

if the stars align this is a potential rough draft.. :D

received_10214574310493815.png

congrats!

GETTING Closer!! Just Waiting for my future boss to call so we can set a start date! As much as I want to get out there, hopefully in early January after the Holidays

how much does propane cost out there? one place I'm looking at that's on the bottom of my list has pellet stove heat and forced air/propane heater. I've delt with pellets before and it was a pain in the ass

you'll have to call the local propane shops to get a price/gal. The thing is, find out from your landlord if the propane tank is "bought or leased". If leased, you're stuck with the company that is leased from. If bought/owned by the landlord, then you can shop around for the best rates. I paid $2.09/gal during summer and filled up my 500 gallon tank (up to 85%, space left for expansion).

Heating with Propane will be expensive, that's why pellet/wood stoves are installed. You're from NY so the cold is trivial to you but a poorly insulated place will just suck your wallet dry, same goes for old, crappy windows. Central forced air furnace with propane means multiple refill of the propane tank during the year if the winter was particularly cold and that's $$$$.

Ping me offline if you want to chat further.

I found a 1-3yr temporary manufactured home. much cheaper then then $1700/mo.

I'll be there New year's Eve!!(weather pending)! giddy up!

See the thread for a New Year's Day run - you could be here just in time!

has anyone wheeled out in this area just outside of Shiprock?

That is on the Navajo near Hogback, a lot of badlands and rock but no real off-roading there. However, some of the best rock crawling in the country 20 minutes east of that. Chokecherry/ Glade recreation area is open area, meaning wherever your rig can go you can go....over trees off cliffs whatever you want.
Its along way from Los Alamos and little to no camping near it but I heard they were putting in a camping area?. However there is another trail/rock-crawl area between Aztec and Navajo Lake with world class trout fishing and camp grounds nearby, or you can camp on the lake or BLM near trails.
If your gonna play in the Glade you may want to trailer it just in case...I've seen a lot of carnage there.

you can camp almost anywhere with a rtt! :D .. thank you for the information! I do like fishing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom