Registry Global 70-series Registry (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bringing it home to Tennessee in 6 days. 1/1988 BJ73 - JDM import...stock non turbo 3B. 60K miles. H55f. Cable lockers. :cool: These old tires have already been changed - steelies come next. Then...not a whole lot. It's perfect like it is. Oh, yeah...bought a fridge...forgot that. Intended use: Long distance back country exploration, camping, and bikepacking support vehicle

Thanks to Steve Jackson at Land Cruisers Direct for making this happen.

You still have work to do ...... U.S. 70's Registration.

1. 1992 HZJ73
2. rj95lss
3. Medford, NJ
4. Japan
5. 147,000 km
6. SOA
6. Just got it but plan on using it for weekend fun, and probably commute once a week into Philadelphia
7. will circle back and upload a pic soon*
At your earliest convenience ...... U.S. 70's Registration.

1. 1990 HZJ73
2. K9crazy
3. Houston, TX
4. Japan
5. 105xxx km
6. No mods yet
6. DD
7. Photo!!!!

IMG_1012.JPG

might as well post up the "tractor"

Year and model of vehicle
1990 PZJ70

2. IH8Mud Handle
Crushers

3. Vehicule name
Tractor

4. Location of vehicle
Calgary Alberta

5. Country of Origin
Japan (same as ALL Land Cruisers)

6. Mileage on the truck odometer, in KMs please
86,000 kms

7. Modifications, if any:
3.5L engine
mapped turbo
top mounted intercooler
Propane Injection
2 1/2" lift + 3" over shackles front
36" tractor tires
detroit locker rear
4.11 gears
R141 (same ratio as the H55F with out over drive)
2.36 low
snorkel
side mounted rear seats
custom front bumper and 8274
custom scoop for the intercooler
2 1/2" aluminized exhaust
full guages (some actually work)
body work by mother nature

8. How you use the truck
Test rig for ideas, bush pig, odd street travel.
View attachment 136374View attachment 136375View attachment 136376

I would like to have a registry for all 70 series.

Being in the North America, 70 series are pretty rare in Canada and even rarer in the USA (unsure about Mexico). So, my goal is to 1) identify the guys who have 70 series (and I am including Canadian JDMs) and 2) try to realize the market value of these vehicles. I have seen/heard claims that there are about 50-70 70 series in the US and less than 200 in Canada. I want to put actual data behind these claims.

Now, I know we have a lot of international mudders on here and I do not want to offend them. So, I will separate international 70s by country, so that they to can reap the benefits of the data that I am seeking in North America.

I will be editing this post frequently to append the information so that the list will be in first post for everyone, rather than throughout many pages. You can put this info using Reply or PM it to me. Also, please limit it to one post per 70.

So, here are the rules:

1. Year and model of vehicle
2. IH8Mud Handle
3. Location of vehicle
4. Country of Origin (by this I mean the country it was first shipped to- ie, my 70 is in the USA, but was originally for the Canadian market, so the country of origina would be Canada)
5. Mileage on the truck odometer, in KMs please
6. Modifications, if any
6. How you use the truck- DD, trail rig, garage queen, etc.
7. Photos are fine, (you must post them) but please limit them to 1 small jpg

Here we go!

[size=+1] Mods note; Lets keep this to registry info only please. And I will delete the chat posts as I see them. Thanks, BB[/size]
[size=+1] Also it would be nice and highly recommended that we have pictures to go with these posts. It makes the registry that much more enjoyable. So please add a picture to your post if you have not already. If you have trouble posting a picture you can ask me or roscoFJ73 for help in the matter. Cheers and look forward to seeing these trucks :)[/size]

I have a left hand 1984 BJ 70 Land cruiser serial number JT 3BJ7OV6FOOOO4O1 this is a diesel 5 speed with factory cable lockers its in Canada i use it for guiding it is truly a billy goat incredibly tuff!!!

G"Day Fella's,

Homer here. I have owned a 11-1989, BJ73 (3B Diesel) since new (in Australia/Oz).
It has just over 378,000 Kms on it and I have only recently done and had done some repairs to it (mainly rectifying oil leaks. Front Diff housing and G/box-T/case). I'm just waiting for the parts to come in (Plunger and Contacts) for the starter motor, and it should be as close to 100%, as a 29 year old "Battle Cruiser" can be.
Here is an image of it, up in the Snowy Mountains (in Summer).

I've been enjoying reading some of the stuff you buggers have been getting up to with your Cruisers, and hope to use some of this detail, to add to mine.

D'oh!
Homer

Last edited:
1989 BJ73
The Eradicator
Southwest Missouri
Japan
220,000KM
FZJ80 axles, SOA, Nitro 5.29s, Harrop E-Lockers, 4:1 Sumo Gear T-Case gears, Early FJ 60 DC front driveshaft, Slee High Steer Arms, RCV 30 Spline 300M Birfields, 37x12.5r16 Bias Ply Maxxis Creepy Crawlers.
Trail Rig
View attachment 1493215

Nice!

Any particular reason you didn't swap the 80-suspension in the front?

Cheers

Nice!

Any particular reason you didn't swap the 80-suspension in the front?

Cheers

I am not a big fan of the 80 front suspension. In my experience, it tends to take a lot of force to articulate, which forces the rear to do most of the work. This is most evident when climbing because less weight is distributed to the front end. My understanding is that this is a side effect of how radius arm suspensions essentially use the axle housing as a swaybar. If I were to ditch leaf springs, I would probably go to a custom 3-link setup.

I am not a big fan of the 80 front suspension. In my experience, it tends to take a lot of force to articulate, which forces the rear to do most of the work. This is most evident when climbing because less weight is distributed to the front end. My understanding is that this is a side effect of how radius arm suspensions essentially use the axle housing as a swaybar. If I were to ditch leaf springs, I would probably go to a custom 3-link setup.

Ya for flex radius arms are a far cry from the best. On road though and on dirt roads I really like coil springs.

Cheers

Love the graphics on the BJ73....

1992 LJ 77
Indianapolis
Imported fromSpain ( Europe)
224 KM
No modification . All original including paint
No off roading , ocassionsl use for fun

Very nice truck! Is it original to Europe? Does it have the mechanical injection 2LT-II? Manual transmission? Is the rear axle drum or disk brake?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom