Wanted Searching for 40 - again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey everyone -

I joined up a while back and had a post similar to this one. Long story short, my wife and I were unable to find a 40 that we wanted to pull the trigger on which is probably a good thing since it gave us some time to get out finances in better order.

We are back in the market for our first FJ40 -

The vehicle would mainly be used for my wife and I to enjoy around town, taking to meets, light off-roading, packing up our two dogs and some fishing gear up and taking a day trip - That kind of thing.

What we are hoping to find:

- 1975+ FJ40 that hasn't been completely molested
- Definitely want something that has the original 2F
- Hopefully something that runs and drives
- Something that needs some work is perfectly okay. I am definitely Not looking for someone else's half assembled project that still needs a ton of work
- Don't really have a huge preference on color. Factory paint and patina are great
- Prefer hard top/ambulance doors
- I know that surface rust is pretty much a given - Just not looking for something with major rust issues

I am sure I forgot some things, but that hit most of the big stuff that I really care about. Please let me know if any of you have any information, tips, etc. As far as my price range, I will just leave that blank and see what pops up...unless you all think that is a bad idea lol

Thank you in advance

-Bryson

I have an 82 that is in really good shape. I just don't drive much at all because i have a heard of others. May be on the high side of your budget but PM me if you are interested.

1 (3).JPG

1 (11).JPG

1 (24).JPG

1 (56).JPG

1 (74).JPG

Nice looking blue 40 there, man! Is that a 4" TPI or Skyjacker lift?

I have an 82 that is in really good shape. I just don't drive much at all because i have a heard of others. May be on the high side of your budget but PM me if you are interested.

View attachment 1574268

View attachment 1574269

View attachment 1574270

View attachment 1574271

View attachment 1574272

View attachment 1574268

View attachment 1574269

View attachment 1574270

View attachment 1574271

View attachment 1574272

I'm thinking about marketing my 1972 Rustic Green -- it has a 2F engine and barn doors like you want. It was restored in 2008 and has only been used on the road for a few thousand miles since then -- kept in garage in foul weather. No rust. You didn't say your budget, so maybe it is too much, but it is an excellent truck that needs nothing. PM me if interested --
Jim
Toyota%2BFJ40%2B%252810%2529.jpg

Toyota%2BFJ40%2B%252812%2529.jpg

s-l1600%2B%252811%2529.jpg

Toyota%2BFJ40%2B%25281%2529.jpg

@patride71 Thanks for the comment about the tint. It should be noted that the when the tint was installed, it was extremely difficult to get it right on the two rear "curved" windows. I think the installer had to waste quite a bit of material before he got it.

View attachment 1574268

View attachment 1574269

View attachment 1574270

View attachment 1574271

View attachment 1574272

Sorry to hijack another thread but I'm searching down any path that might get me to my first FJ40. I tried to PM Swannie about the availability of his '82 40 but his box is full. If anybody knows him can you please give him a head up about my interest or, Swannie, if you read this can you please PM regarding the 40 you were looking to sell.

Sorry to hijack another thread but I'm searching down any path that might get me to my first FJ40. I tried to PM Swannie about the availability of his '82 40 but his box is full. If anybody knows him can you please give him a head up about my interest or, Swannie, if you read this can you please PM regarding the 40 you were looking to sell.

Too late. The '82 40 that you are speaking of is currently in my garage. Good luck in your search - took me over a year

Ahh--so that is "1982 FJ40 Nordic Blue-Old Blue '82" in your Signature line. Well, color me jealous. Congrats--I am sure it is awesome. I am combing through all the "Wanted" ads and classified ads to see if there are any gems others have passed on. Not likely, I know but...you never know.

All Best--
MM

Having a blast with it so far that’s for sure. Already got a big box of parts sitting here waiting to be installed lol.

The search can be a little frustrating that’s for sure. Just stay patient and explore every avenue possible. If you find something that you know you want, make sure you lock it down because these things move fast in my experience. PM me if you like and I can try to pass along any knowledge that I have gained throughout the process. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom