Official For Sale/Trade/WTB/Free Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi everyone! Here back again looking for parts.

So, one of the items that I need to fix for my truck to pass inspection is a parking light bulb. I bought the bulb and when I went to do it I noticed that the the PO had done some electrical work... Bottom line, the bulb housing is melted and does not work.

I'm looking for a for a parking light bulb housing. Please let me know if you have one. Advice on a website from where to buy it is also helpful!

Other items that I need to pass inspection:

- Replacement of front seat belt. Please let me know if you have one.
- Front bearings (these might only need tightening, since they were done 20K miles ago). Because of many factors (adequate work space, time, tools, and needing to get it to pass inspection because I have a big family group staying with me in the next couple of days), I'm considering having a mobile mechanic try adjusting them. So, if you have any recommendations, please let me know. Also, any advice on a non-amazon website to buy the bearings so I can do them when my family leaves, would be great.

Update on the 80: Got it Friday night. Yesterday bought oil, filter, wipers, bulbs, and other things I/she needed. Today did the oil change. After much reading (FAQs and other threads), and considering the truck's history based on the maintenance records I have, I made the decision to go with Mobil 1 5w-30, Synthetic-High Mileage. I'm going to run that for 1,000 miles (about 6 months - truck will be used daily to take my son to school, park near a bus stop for my commute, fishing (when I can), and my weekly visit to the orange box store). I also buffed some of scratches on the truck, changed some of bulbs that were not working and the wiper blades (those last two were also inspection items).

Last, but not least, a big THANKS to 76FJ40 for helping me with the fender. Top notch guy.

Cheers,

Peter

Last, but not least, a big THANKS to 76FJ40 for helping me with the fender. Top notch guy.

You might want to reserve judgement until you get to know me better. Stumpalama (CLCC) and Crusha (Keystone Cruisers) were both parting out 80s, give them a try. There's also Shmukster, also a Keystone member.

Last edited:
H
You might want to reserve judgement until you get to know me better. Stumpalama (CLCC) and Crusha (Keystone Cruisers) were both parting out 80, give them a try. There's also Shmukster, also a Keystone member.

Hehehehe, will do, thanks!

Hey Peter,

Welcome. I've said this before and I'll no doubt say it again. For the first couple years you're going to need a reliable parts sherpa to guide you through the journey that is owning an 80 series Land Cruiser. You almost never want to buy parts off Amazon. You'll have a higher likelihood of success by using one of the many supporting vendors here on MUD who help keep this site free for our use. One of the more reputable vendors on here for parts and knowledge is Cruiser Outfitters. Kurt (@cruiseroutfit ) will have everything you need to keep your truck in tip-top shape. He stocks both OEM and high quality Japanese made aftermarket parts. A lot of times buying aftermarket will save you significantly and the only difference is the color of the box the parts come in. Bearings are a good example here. You could buy the OEM Toyota bearings but they'll just be reboxed Koyos. If you have to replace your bearings you might want to make sure the whole front axle doesn't need a rebuild (post a picture of the knuckles). Replacing the bearing is about half way through the axle rebuild so you might as well go the rest of the way. There's no better way to learn about these trucks than working on them yourself (with help initially). Here's the thread you can post up pictures in to if you want some opinions on what and if you should do PM on something or to just show off what you've done recently. We try to keep this thread to just for sale/wanted. This site doesn't charge per posting ;) so feel free to copy over some of your comments/questions above in to this thread. You'll get more eyes on it. And good God man...post a picture or 2 next time! :cool: (it's the button next to "Post Reply" called "Upload File." I have some more specific questions/opinions on your oil strategy but I'll wait for you to either post up an "Introduction" thread or in the "what are you working on" thread.

Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on?

-Patrick

Which bulb housing? My parts truck is a '94...

Hi everyone! Here back again looking for parts.

So, one of the items that I need to fix for my truck to pass inspection is a parking light bulb. I bought the bulb and when I went to do it I noticed that the the PO had done some electrical work... Bottom line, the bulb housing is melted and does not work.

I'm looking for a for a parking light bulb housing. Please let me know if you have one. Advice on a website from where to buy it is also helpful!

Other items that I need to pass inspection:

- Replacement of front seat belt. Please let me know if you have one.
- Front bearings (these might only need tightening, since they were done 20K miles ago). Because of many factors (adequate work space, time, tools, and needing to get it to pass inspection because I have a big family group staying with me in the next couple of days), I'm considering having a mobile mechanic try adjusting them. So, if you have any recommendations, please let me know. Also, any advice on a non-amazon website to buy the bearings so I can do them when my family leaves, would be great.

Update on the 80: Got it Friday night. Yesterday bought oil, filter, wipers, bulbs, and other things I/she needed. Today did the oil change. After much reading (FAQs and other threads), and considering the truck's history based on the maintenance records I have, I made the decision to go with Mobil 1 5w-30, Synthetic-High Mileage. I'm going to run that for 1,000 miles (about 6 months - truck will be used daily to take my son to school, park near a bus stop for my commute, fishing (when I can), and my weekly visit to the orange box store). I also buffed some of scratches on the truck, changed some of bulbs that were not working and the wiper blades (those last two were also inspection items).

Cheers,

Peter

Anybody looking for a work truck? I have a 1992 Silverado 5.7L 4x4 5-speed manual. I intended on driving it here in D.C. full-time so I put a ton of time and money into it, but I then I ended up finding a sweet deal on a Tundra so now I have two trucks and limited parking. It's dead reliable and I'd drive it anywhere. I didn't register it in Fairfax yet so not sure on emissions and age, but it didn't have a factory smog pump. I scanned craigslist and a lot of the rusted, beater k1500s for sale are asking $2-3k. I'll let this one go this week for $4k if I can avoid having to rent a trailer and tow it.

For Sale - 1992 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 4x4 Manual (Virginia/Georgia)

IMG_0434.jpg

Looking for a driver's side seat belt. Any color, but preferably gray. Need it to pass inspection. Please let me know. Thanks!

Looking for a driver's side seat belt. Any color, but preferably gray. Need it to pass inspection. Please let me know. Thanks!
I got you covered.

Looking for a 2f from a fj60. What you got?

***** GONE *****

Hey All-

I'm going to be removing the Curt receiver hitch off of my 93 in the next week or two. It will not clear the 285 spare that is inbound.
The hitch is in perfect condition. No Rust. It's coming off a garaged FL truck.

Curt Model # 13089

FREE to good home.

IMG_20171213_170839428_zpsckfpvoxc.JPG

Last edited:
Hey All-

I'm going to be removing the Curt receiver hitch off of my 93 in the next week or two. It will not clear the 285 spare that is inbound.

Curt Model # 13089

FREE to good home.

View attachment 1595112
@mgoblue

Hey All-

Curt Model # 13089

FREE to good home.

View attachment 1595112
Yes! I need that please, sending you a PM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom