A Hippo ..... No More (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Phase 1 of my twondy (2016 Land Cruiser) is almost complete. Here is the build so far:

• CBI Front, Sliders, Skids
  • Slee Rear
  • Total Chaos Upper and Lower Arms
  • King Coilover & Rear Shocks
  • OME Rear Springs
  • Come Up Gen2 12.5rs Winch
  • Toyo RT 285/75R18
  • ARB Dual Compressor
  • Alu Cab 270 Awning
  • Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack
  • FT8800 Ham (to be installed) (KG5 FHX - AKA Poupon)

Christo did the rear and compressor and Walt Wagner of TAV did the suspension and armor. Don't ask me how it drives. I don't know because I am traveling and haven't picked up the truck yet. I plan to drive it to the xmas party. I didn't gear and lock it at this point, since I am interested in how it performs with the factory 8 speed gearbox.

Walt says that the notorious front tire rub that comes with 35s on these trucks will be resolved once he installs a 1" spacer on the front hubs.

Stay tuned for Phase 2.

Larry

IMG_5027.JPG

Last edited:
Nice ride

Me Likey....

Congrats, Larry, that's gorgeous!

Very nice! I look forward to seeing it in person at the Christmas party. We might even have to pull out a creeper and slide around underneath it to check out the undercarriage!

Are those factory wheels from Toyota?

Very nice! I look forward to seeing it in person at the Christmas party. We might even have to pull out a creeper and slide around underneath it to check out the undercarriage!

Are those factory wheels from Toyota?
Thanks Evan. Not sure if Toyota makes Toyo's.

Where's the leaf blower mounting system?

I'll go drive it and tell you how it is.

Thanks Evan. Not sure if Toyota makes Toyo's.

Sorry, I was talking about the rims/wheels, not the tires - they look like Toyota wheels?

I'm with Ash - if you need someone to go drive it for you, we could help with that!

Sorry, I was talking about the rims/wheels, not the tires - they look like Toyota wheels?

I'm with Ash - if you need someone to go drive it for you, we could help with that!
Yeah, they are the factory wheels. 18" x 8". The rear has 2" spacers and the front has 1.25" spacers.

Where's the leaf blower mounting system?
Too funny. Actually, I am trying to figure that out. If you notice on the passenger rear of the roof rack, there are two nice tie downs for a shovel that I really like. Very easy to get on/off. and if you look closer, you will see a bottle opener in between the mounts.

Can you see it??

I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom