Overnight trip at coal mine this coming year????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
That looks to be a pretty good solution to ExpoCMCC v1... It WOULD be nice to be able to travel back roads to get there (I'm thinking about the "wrong" route between Rausch and AOAA - lots of 2 lane stupid steep hills and little towns)

Yep...I think a sight seeing tour including any/lots of state forest gravel roads, Gettysburg for those that never have, any lookouts, any tours of popular places (Yuengling Brewers) or any brewer for that matter.....sounds like a fun time

Yep...I think a sight seeing tour including any/lots of state forest gravel roads, Gettysburg for those that never have, any lookouts, any tours of popular places (Yuengling Brewers) or any brewer for that matter.....sounds like a fun time

a brewery tour of south central pa would take a month, not counting the wineries.

a brewery tour of south central pa would take a month, not counting the wineries.

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

and i forgot we recently got distilleries too.
so there is a crap ton of those popping up.
just giving a heads up, that if you go that route, bring your "A" game and let the wife know it will be an extended expedition.

Tiadaugton and Bald Eagle State Forest are the biggest in the area. You could possibly map some routes and if really wanting to cover some ground, push towards Wellsboro and the PA Grand Canyon.
I have the Purple Lizzard map of bald eagle and ran thru there this summer. It might be pretty good and there are designated primitive camp sites. I could look at the details and share some thoughts.

I think that given the locales available we get what we get trails-wise. It would be great to find some more remote/rough driving but I think it'll be good either way.

There is nothing technically challenging on any of the spider trails. They can get quite narrow and pin striping is to be expected. Speed is hard at times because they do get rocky and rutted. There are a few that I can only imagine would get pretty exiting if it were wet and you were to come across a vehicle from the other direction. I’ve run and explored most of the spiders in Mifflin, Centre, Snyder counties.

So... if someone in interested in taking over planning of this trip please hit me up directly and we can get this going.
mark@woytovich.com or a conversation here on mud.

I'd like to take the lead. I'll contact AOAA to see if we can talk them into an overnight. If not I am familiar with BESF and surrounding area. We've been up there at least a half dozen weekends this year.

I'd like to take the lead. I'll contact AOAA to see if we can talk them into an overnight. If not I am familiar with BESF and surrounding area. We've been up there at least a half dozen weekends this year.
Let me know if you want to do some trial runs.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom