FJ62 3rd Brake light? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for recommendations for a 3rd brake light that will work with my FJ62.

Thanks.

big red LED on the tire carrier bumper...

nothing else would look right.

I've been looking for something to integrate into the bumper. With the Los Angeles traffic and all the bonehead drivers, the stock brake lights aren't sufficient. Maybe something like the Kaymar bumper lights.

I bought a random third brake light of eBay 3 yrs ago a mounted it to the upper hatch with double side tape and a little epoxy.

IMG_20170430_183812.jpg

@kbfj621989

How did you wire in the 3rd brake light? Did you have to use a converter?

@Kmonty66

Yes, please post if you find it.

I bought an LED light bar on eBay, glued two magnets to it, and stuck it to the rear bumper beam behind the chrome bumper, below the tailgate. It's hard-wired to the tow converter plug. It's too low for my liking, but doesn't interfere with the tailgate, can easily be removed, and the wiring is all hidden. No mods to the truck at all.

DSCN6031.jpg

Also definitely upgrade your stock lights with LEDs to get the max out of them. Makes a big difference.
Just for curiosity, what LEDs do you use? I haven't considered LED indicator lights for many years (last time I did they weren't very well regarded) but would like to see what folks are using now.

I would like to find LED brake lights that don't stink. All the sets I have seen in various vehicles (and my Sylvania LED backup lights, which were barely brighter than incandescent) either don't work at all (polarity issue) or last 3 months and go dim. I haven't seen rock-solid-reliable LED 1157s, but they must be out there.

I would like to find LED brake lights that don't stink. All the sets I have seen in various vehicles (and my Sylvania LED backup lights, which were barely brighter than incandescent) either don't work at all (polarity issue) or last 3 months and go dim. I haven't seen rock-solid-reliable LED 1157s, but they must be out there.

Superbrights have worked for me well, heard good things about PFran's as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom